Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Alabama State Bar
4 Questions Answered
- Q. Will my last support payment be prorated? Will the court notify me what my last payment will be?
- A: The court is not going to notify you of the amount of your last payment. You need to be proactive and communicate with the child's mother that you intend to pro rate the amount so there are no surprises. If there is an income assignment, you need to be proactive with that as well so your employer will not continue to take money from your check. Carolyn Duncan Carolyn Moller Duncan, P.C. 7899 S. Lincoln Court, Suite 207 Littleton, Colorado 80122 Phone No: 303-394-2358 Email: email@example.com
- Q. Does the court automatically discharge support once a child turns 19? Or is there something that I have to do?
- A: Good morning, That depends on how many children you are paying support. If you have only one child, then it automatically terminates upon reaching age 19 unless it meets limited exceptions to go beyond that age. If you are paying support for more than one child, then it does not automatically terminate unless there is very specific language indicating that there is a set amount paid just for this child, however I do not see that language very often. So if there is more than one child, you will have to do a modification of child support to reduce the remaining support for the other child. If I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. Carolyn Duncan, Carolyn Moller Duncan, P.C. 7899 S. Lincoln Court, Suite 207 Littleton, Colorado 80122 Phone No. 303-2358 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q. I need help finding a lawyer in the state of MO who can help with my fathers probate estate, litagation,I am low income
- A: I am sorry for your loss. Most likely you will be unable to find a attorney in Colorado that can handle your issues in Missouri. I suggest that you go online to the Missouri Bar Association website. Typically there will be a section to help people "Find A Lawyer" which allows you to enter information for the type of attorney you are looking for. Good luck! Carolyn Duncan Carolyn Moller Duncan, P.C. 7899 S. Lincoln Court, Suite 207 Littleton, Colorado 80122 Phone No: 303-394-2358
- Q. If my child will be 19 on July 5th and he took a year off from college but plans on attending before child support end
- A: Under Colorado law, child support terminates upon a child reaching the age of 19 unless they fall within certain exceptions which are (1) parties agreed otherwise in writing, (2) the child is mentally or physically disable, (3) the child is still in high school at the time he turns 19, then it terminates at the end of the month of graduation. Unfortunately, without having an agreement in place regard payment beyond the 19th birthday, you can expect that it will terminate on his birthday. If you would like to discuss your situation, please do not hesitate to contact me. Carolyn Duncan, Carolyn Moller Duncan, P.C. Phone No: 303-394-2358 Email: Carolyn@duncanlegal.com Response to this question does not create an attorney/client relationship. Information provided in this message is general in nature and is not to be construed as legal advice or direction.
Contact & Map