Profile Image Placeholder

Barbara Billiot Stage

Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0042467
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Stage Law Firm
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. How do I evict someone who isn't a tenant--they were a live in girlfriend who refuses to leave?
A: I agree. The difference between an unlawful detainer and an eviction depends on the facts and details. Either way you have to file a court action and that is not a do-it-yourself project. If you let them stay, they do not leave is the general rule about house guests, significant others, blind dates and relatives.
Q. In FL can I hold (not allow access to) packages received in our office for residents who are not current on their rent?
A: Absolutely not. You would likely be charged with theft.
Q. How do I remove My boyfriend name from my house we are no longer together and he has judgement s that placed liens.
A: The only way to remove someone off of a deed is to get them to sign the deed. Once the judgment liens are recorded they are not removed until they are satisfied. You could possibly resolve the judgment liens from his father with an affidavit, but that will not solve all of your problems. You need to consult with a local real estate litigator quickly. Not only are his judgments attached to your property, but he has a claim for any equity.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
7635 Ashley Park Court
Suite 503
Orlando, FL 32835
Telephone: (407) 545-5979
Fax: (321) 445-9857
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.