Free Consultation: (707) 450-5609Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anthony Regner

Anthony Regner

Solano County Criminal Defense and Family Law Lawyer
  • Criminal Law, Family Law, DUI & DWI...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Anthony Proffitt is an attorney located in Fairfield California. His practice areas are criminal defense and family law matters, including divorce, custody, visitation, and restraining orders. He has experience in debt collections and judgment enforcement as well. As a paralegal in the early 2000's, Anthony worked in a law firm located in Napa California that specialized in three strike laws and family matters. As a paralegal he opened his own business while working for the law firm and started assisting clients with affordable document preparation and filing for their legal matters. The attorney he worked for eventually became a judge and closed her office, and Anthony decided to change career paths. He became a correctional officer for Solano County Probation for nearly five years. He was honorably retired from this position due to an injury and he decided to pursue his career in the law. He passed law school and the bar on his first attempt and now provides affordable and reliable legal representation in Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Sacramento, Yolo, and surrounding counties.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Family Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Associations
State Bar of California # 305552
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. If CP's has taken away rights from him how can I file to GI e him back rights
A: He can file a Request for Order (FL-300) in the court showing a change in circumstances and requesting a modification of custody.
Q. second time I have had to take emergency custody of my 8-5yr sons in 2yrs. Will a judge now give me permanent custody?
A: Custody is a tricky beast in California. The courts have a public policy to make order for a minor to maintain "frequent and constant contact with both parents." This can sometimes mean that even parents who you personally feel should not have their kids, will end up with custody. One exception to this policy is if the parents are a threat to their child's "health, safety, and/or welfare." Obviously, passed out drunk in the car with the kids qualifies as such a threat. However, this threat must be something that is ongoing, a one-time event, or even a series of events, could fall short of grounds to remove the child from the parent. This is a very complicated question and many different factors would play into whether someone would get custody of a minor. Are you the other parent, a grandparent, friend, etc.? Not really something that a quick short answer can solve.
Q. I have overpaid 30K in child support. Can the overpayment be applied to future spousal support?
A: Yes, you can also request a refund. But make sure you work this out with the Department of Child Support Services before modifying any payments in the future.
Q. Can the a judge order to cancel overnight visits with the dad?
A: The short answer is yes, a judge can make that order. However, you would need to present more than you have here to convince most judges to make that order. The child's health, safety, and/or welfare must be at risk. Arguable, so many people in such a small place could fit that criteria. But with the court's very strong policy to keep children with their parents, and with the nominal time he spends with his dad, you would likely need more to get such an order.
Q. Ex and I have court ordered visit schedule but he disappears for months and then expects me to honor it. Do i have to?
A: I agree with Ms. Waxman, the court order is enforceable until it is modified. The Request for Order (FL-300) would need a legal reason stated for the request to modify. It is absolutely not in the best interest of your child's health, safety, and welfare for his father to come and go inconsistently. I would file the request as soon as you can, this is very bad for your son..
Q. Can the child support office really see all the income that my child's father makes like income tax bank accounts Etc
A: Yes, this information is discoverable (meaning they are entitled to it), however, they cannot see money he hides. You may need to sometimes get creative in proving income
Q. Can i fght an attemp to levy my bank account 2/18 on a fraudulent lawsuit? Even after my statue of limitations debt 7/07
A: You would need to submit a motion to vacate the judgment. However, there are statutory time periods that would prevent you from doing so long after the judgment was entered. Generally, you have to act fairly quickly after discovering the forged documents.
Q. I have been asked by the District Attorney to supply a copy of my tenants rental agreement. Can I do this legally?
A: You may want to ask the DA to issue a subpoena before you release the lease
Q. What happens if I put charges for domestic violence but he has not been arrested yet?
A: If no criminal protective order was issued when the police came the first time, then you may need to take steps on your own to secure one. Merely calling the police for domestic violence does not automatically create a protection to you. The next step would be to go to your local court and apply for a domestic violence order. The clerk will generally have a packet ready for you to fill out. If you already received a police report, then you can attach this to your request. But again, just because you called the police does not mean that the District Attorney filed charges, or that any protective orders are in place.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Anthony Regner
724 Texas Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
Telephone: (707) 450-5609
Fax: (707) 471-0955