Offers Video ConferencingTap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew Timothy ShillingParks Zeigler, PLLC North Carolina
- Divorce, Family Law, Arbitration & Mediation ...
- North Carolina, Virginia
The son of a government official, Andy grew up in various parts of the country, including Ohio, Colorado, and Texas. He attended the College of William and Mary and graduated in 1988 with a B.A. with honors in Government. Andy then went to the University of Richmond Law School, obtaining his J.D. in 1991. While in law school, he won the moot court competition, the trial competition (twice), and the writing competition.
After passing the Virginia bar exam in 1991, Andy worked in one of the largest law firms in the country in its Norfolk office, primarily defending large business and insurance companies. After several years of working at the large law firm, he moved to a smaller firm to have the opportunity to focus on helping individuals and their families. In 2000, Andy started his own law firm in Chesapeake, Virginia which grew into the very successful practice of Shilling & Barlow. In 2007, he passed the North Carolina bar and began to practice in the First District of North Carolina, eventually spending an equal amount of time on both sides of the border.
Andy has regularly appeared in the trial courts of both Virginia and North Carolina and has represented clients before the Virginia Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and the Virginia Supreme Court. He has additionally appeared in the federal courts, both at the trial level and on appeal, including arguing before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and being a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Becoming Part of Parks Zeigler
In 2021, Parks Zeigler gave Andy the opportunity to open an office in North Carolina and expand the firm’s practice into his home state. He’s excited about launching the firm’s newest office in Elizabeth City, while still practicing in Virginia out of the firm’s Chesapeake office.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Microsoft Teams
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- North Carolina
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Partner
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC North Carolina
- - Current
- University of Richmond School of Law
- Honors: Barnett Moot Court Competition, Winner 1990; Best Oral Advocate; Moot Court Board; ATLA Trial Competition (Winner 1990 and 1991; Order of the Barristers (1991); McNeilLaw Society writing Competition (Winner-1991)
- College of William and Mary
- B.A. | Government
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Super Lawyers
- Superlawyers.com, part of Thomson Reuters
- Top Lawyer
- Top Lawyer by Coastal Virginia Magazine
- AV rated
- 10.0 rating
- 10.0 rating
- North Carolina State Bar
- Battle of signmakers with similar names will go to court
- Two sentenced for Chesapeake home invasions
- New law lets man appeal conviction in 1998 slaying
- Wills & Revocable Living Trusts: Protecting Your Estate, Annual Meeting
- Revising Your Homeowners Association Documents, Annual Meeting
- Law Firm Website
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.