Free Consultation: (314) 724-5059Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrea Rogers

Andrea Rogers

St. Louis Criminal Defense & Traffic Law Attorney Andrea Storey Rogers
  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets
  • Missouri
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

St. Louis criminal defense & traffic law attorney Andrea Storey Rogers helps people in St. Louis and throughout Missouri with speeding tickets and criminal charges, such as shoplifting, possession of marijuana & drug paraphernalia, leaving the scene of an accident, driving while suspended, minor in possession of alcohol (MIP), withdrawal of guilty pleas, and arrest warrants. Andrea offers a free consultation, a flat-fee price quote, and an estimate of your court fines and fees. When you call The Rogers Law Firm, you will speak directly with attorney Andrea Storey Rogers. Andrea has been practicing law in St. Louis since 2005.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
    When you call The Rogers Law Firm, you will speak with the owner, Andrea Storey Rogers, about your case. Andrea offers a free 30-minute consultation over the phone to discuss your case and will give you an estimate of the outcome of your case, and an estimate of the court fines and fees, if applicable.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Debit Cards
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I accept payment by credit card, debit card, money order, or cashier's check.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
Professional Experience
The Rogers Law Firm
- Current
Associate Attorney
Lathrop & Gage
Staff Attorney
Thompson Coburn LLP
Saint Louis University School of Law
J.D. (2005) | Law
Professional Associations
Missouri Bar Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
The Rogers Law Firm
Legal Answers
100 Questions Answered

Q. can the prosecutor nolle prosequi a case with no reason and reissue when they want
A: Yes, the Prosecutor can nolle (dismiss) a case and re-file new charges later and they don't have to explain why they nolle'd it.
Q. Can my citation be dismissed if the officer put a badge number that’s not their real badge number?
A: Almost any error on a speeding ticket can be corrected at any time by either the police officer or the Prosecuting Attorney. If the description of where the traffic stop occurred was completely wrong, that might be grounds to get the ticket dismissed, but other simple errors are not.
Q. If a 18 year old female fights a 17 year old what will happen? Will the 18yo be charged even with it being self defense
A: You are both considered adults for court purposes. You would both probably be charged with assault unless there is some clear evidence that it was self-defense.
Q. I did not yield to an ambulance in Missouri. Can this ticket result in jail time?
A: It just depends on the details of the case, your criminal history, your driving record, whether anyone was injured, whether your vehicle was insured, which court your case is being prosecuted in, etc. If you want to get this traffic ticket reduced to a non-moving, no-point infraction, you will have to have an attorney represent you, and you will end up paying a slightly higher fine plus court costs, but you probably won't have to appear in court.
Q. Coasting down a hill and got to 27 over the limit. Didnt hit brake or gas. What's the worst and best case scenario?
A: At age 17, you are an adult for court purposes. The outcome of your case depends a lot on which court your case is being prosecuted in. Some prosecutors and judges are more lenient than others. You (or your parents) will need to hire an experienced criminal defense/traffic law attorney to represent you if you want to avoid a conviction and points on your driving record, and an increase in your car insurance rates. In some courts, a ticket for 27 miles over the speed limit can be amended to Illegal Parking or Littering, while in other courts, the judge will require you to be on probation.
Q. Can I be issued a speeding ticket in the mail?
A: The Prosecutor has up to 1 year from the date of the incident to file charges against you. So yes, it is possible that you could receive a ticket in the mail later. However, it sounds like the officer just gave you a warning and let you go.
Q. I got a "fix it ticket." What does that mean? Can I get out of it being on my record somehow?
A: Usually that means you can get the problem fixed (repair the broken tail-light, for example) and bring proof to court and show the judge, who might dismiss the ticket or reduce the fine. "Fix-it" tickets are usually for non-moving, no-point violations like "Failure to Register Vehicle" or "Equipment Violation" (broken tail-light) which is not going to show up on your driving record anyway.
Q. Trying to find out the cost of a uniform citation. in violation of code 304.050 in Lincoln county missouri
A: You can call the court clerk in Lincoln County and ask if a court appearance is required or can you just plead guilty and pay the fine. I expect that you will have to appear in court for this type of ticket. If so, the judge will sentence you and determine the amount of the fine. If you plead guilty, points will be added to your driving record and your car insurance rates may increase. The judge might require you to do community service, attend driving school, etc. FYI - For some types of moving violations (DUI, excessive speed, etc.) some judges will require jail time, so you should definitely consult an attorney before going to court and pleading guilty. You can hire a traffic ticket attorney to represent you in court. They can likely get your ticket reduced to a non-moving, no-point infraction. You will have to pay a fine & court costs, and you might also be required to attend driving school and/or do community service. The outcome of your case depends on your age, your driving record, how strict the judge & prosecutor are regarding this type of violation, and the skill & experience of your attorney.
Q. I was pulled over going 40 in a 25 (15 over) but I received a court date instead of just a fine. Why? What am I looknat
A: Courts can require a mandatory court appearance for some tickets. If you want to get the ticket reduced to a non-moving, no-point infraction that won't affect your driving record of car insurance rates, you will have to hire a traffic law attorney to represent you. You will not have to appear in court if you hire an attorney to represent you. Your attorney can give you an estimate of the amount of the fine & court costs you will have to pay.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
3232 Clifton Avenue, #21686
St. Louis, MO 63139
Telephone: (314) 724-5059