Free Consultation: (832) 397-6031Tap to Call This Lawyer
Amir Tavakkoli

Amir Tavakkoli

A.T. Law Office, PLLC
  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Criminal Law...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Amir is an attorney who is always striving to do his best. He has a drive to succeed that is unlike most lawyers.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Amir Tavakkoli, founder of the firm, was the Vice President of his law school class and graduated Summa Cum Laude. His legal and political experiences include working with Judge Kyle Carter in the 125th Harris County Civil Courthouse, U.S. Representative Al Green, State Representative Garnet Coleman, the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, and the Houston Bar Association. Amir was also a research assistant at his law school. Amir has successfully tried judge and jury cases in family, criminal, and civil matters.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Family Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent fees are for personal injury cases only
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Persian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing attorney
A.T. Law Office, PLLC
- Current
University of Houston - Main Campus
University of Houston - Main Campus Logo
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of Houston - Main Campus
University of Houston - Main Campus Logo
Lead Counsel Verified in Criminal and Family Law
Lead Counsel
Summa Cum Laude
Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Legal Writing Contest
State Bar of Texas
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Speaker, Law Office of Bryan Fagan Court Procedure Review, Houston, TX
Law Office of Bryan Fagan
Lead Counsel Certified
Lead Counsel
Avvo's Client Choice
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered

Q. How likely is it that an attorney can Subpoena the recorded phone call made to CPS and track who made the call?
A: Very unlikely. CPS records, specially the records of the initial call to report, are extremely confidential. Also, for a subpoena to be even available, there has to be an open case pending (note this is different than a CPS investigation which is not an open legal case).
Q. If I, as a grandparent, have been granted legal custody, can their father have my custody revoked if I don't obey him?
A: You have to review the court order and see what the terms are. A common misunderstanding people have is the difference between custody, and temporary CPS placement or temporary caregiver. In the former, the terms of the custody order have to be followed. In the latter, CPS determines, in conjunction with the rights CPS gets under the order, the extent of obligations of the temporary caregiver.
Q. The Mother of my child and I have never been to court to have custody/child support agreement.
A: If you are concerned about their safety then you should file for full custody asap and let the court determine if you have enough evidence. One of the common mistakes people make is seeing issues with the other parent regarding the children and not doing anything about it; then when they do go to court eventually and complain about it, they hear the following response from the judge: "If these issues were so serious in your mind, why didn't you do anything."
Q. If my.court date is 3 days away can i fill a continuance
A: Yes you can always file a motion for continuance. The required notice for a motion is 3 days. So as long as you filed it and send notice to the other party and they receive it within 3 days, your notice requirement would be sufficient. However it will be up to the judge whether he/she will accept the continuance (ie grant the motion) depending on a variety of factors.
Q. Can I move my son to another state without the father’s consent?
A: First, eviction will probably not work. When you are married everything acquired during marriage is considered community meaning it belongs to both of you regardless of whose name it is in. Most JP court judge that issue evictions will not be ordering eviction on spouses during marriage. Second, neither of you is custodial parent right now since there is no orders. Either one of you can take the child and go anywhere. It is legal for you to take the child and move to California but if he files here within 6 months of you being there, then Texas will still have jurisdiction and you have to deal with the case here, and you may also be required to move back permanently with the child. Best thing to do is file for custody here and fight for no geographical restriction so that you can move there without having to come back.
Q. Can anything be done?
A: You can file for a modification to reduce her visitation rights. To make your case stronger, you may want to get someone like an investigator to get some evidence that he is there overnights also. But the fact that she is living with a felon may be enough to reduce her rights regardless of if the boyfriend is staying overnights.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
A.T. Law Office
3707 Cypress Creek Pkwy
Suite 400
Houston, TX 77068
Telephone: (832) 397-6031
Fax: (832) 787-0313