Ms. Newell specializes in suing large corporations for sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination. She is a native of the Central Valley, has a passion for Bulldog football at Fresno State, running marathons, and social justice.
Ms. Newell's law practice extends from Bakersfield to Sacramento to Oakland. She has cases filed in federal and state courts all over the Central Valley. She has significant experience with jury trials in courts throughout the state. She knows how to get your case ready for a jury trial.
Just within the last few years, Ms. Newell has recovered millions of dollars for her clients in employment cases against big companies. She has handled cases against Starbucks, Cingular, Verizon, Microsoft, Comcast, Odwalla, Walgreens, Kaplan, E.&J. Gallo Winery, Taco Bell, the California Department of Corrections, Kragen Autoparts, Abbott Laboratories, Orchard Supply Hardware, Target, Intel and Red Robin.
Ms. Newell relies heavily upon technology in her law practice and in the court room during trial. Big companies like the ones Ms. Newell litigates against often think they can bury plaintiffs in documents. Unfortunately for them, Ms. Newell is well-versed in information technology, and uses her knowledge to make sure she obtains the electronic evidence from companies that often times exposes the proverbial 'smoking gun'. Ms. Newell uses all of the latest technology and recognizes the impact that technology, the internet, and even social networking have had on the workplace and employee's rights.
Ms. Newell is a tireless advocate and feels privileged to have the opportunity to enforce employee rights in the workplace.
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- 9th Circuit
- Law Offices of Shelley G. Bryant
- - Current
- Smith & Bryant, Inc.
- Intern - Senior Law Center/Elder Abuse
- California Rural Legal Assistance, Modesto
- Intern - Housing law
- Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance
- University of California - Davis
- J.D. | Law
- Activities: King Hall Legal Foundation, Co-Chair
- California State University - Fresno
- B.S. | Criminology & Political Science
- Honors: Smittcamp Family Honors College (Presidential Scholar), Magna Cum Laude
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- - Current
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- - Current