Free Consultation: (856) 202-6867Tap to Call This Lawyer
Allison Kruk Ormond

Allison Kruk Ormond

Ormond Law in Cherry Hill, New Jersey - Free Consultations
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A

Allison is a trusted advocate devoted to offering each client the highest standards of legal representation. To her, being someone's attorney means more than practicing the law - it means showing up for clients at some of their most challenging moments and giving their cases the diligence, empathy, and legal acumen they deserve.

Prior to founding the firm, Allison worked in private practice in Moorestown and Glassboro, New Jersey as well as in public defense in Philadelphia, PA. She attended law school at the University of Pennsylvania where she graduated with high honors and was admitted to the Order of the Coif, an honor society for U.S. law school graduates. She also served on the Journal of Constitutional Law and as pro bono research director for If/When/How. Before becoming an attorney, she worked as a reporter for The Financial Times and graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Princeton University.

Allison concentrates her practice on family law, criminal law, domestic violence matters, and estate planning. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in Final Restraining Order hearings and handles divorces, child custody disputes, child support matters, post-judgment litigation, appeals, will drafting, adoptions, traffic violations/DUIs, and criminal law cases in both Superior and Municipal Court.

Outside of work, Allison volunteers as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for children in the Camden County foster care system. She enjoys long-distance running and spending time with her husband and children.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • WhatsApp
  • Free Consultation
    We are pleased to offer one 30 minute free consultation per client / case. During the consultation, we will provide answers to many of your questions, including but not limited to what makes our process unique, our fee schedule, case specific legal concerns, our days and hours of availability, and any other topics of interest.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Processing fees may apply
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New Jersey Courts
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
ID Number: 333382
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Ormond Law
- Current
Family and Criminal Law Attorney
Jones & Ortiz
Family Law Attorney
William Kirby Law
Probation and Alternative Sentencing Unit
Defenders Association of Philadelphia (Public Defender)
Law Clerk
Office of the Public Defender of New Jersey
Princeton University
Honors: -George E. Wood Legacy Prize for Academic Achievement -Summa cum laude -Phi beta kappa
Princeton University Logo
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Honors: - Order of the Coif - Magna cum Laude
Activities: Rearch Director - If/When/How Journal of Constitutional Law
University of Pennsylvania Law School Logo
George B. Wood Legacy Junior Prize for Academic Achievement
Princeton University
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Princeton University
Summa Cum Laude
Princeton University
Order of the Coif, Legal Honor Society
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Magna Cum Laude
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Professional Associations
State Bar of Pennsylvania  # 333382
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Jersey State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Court Appointed Special Advocate
The National CASA/GAL Association for Children
Websites & Blogs
Ormond Law Blog
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered
Q. Can a defendant request a rescheduling online for a restraining order hearing if they're given 2 days notice?
A: Thank you for your question. Self-represented litigants can submit requests to postpone a hearing via New Jersey's online filing system, JEDS. In addition, it's common to request a postponement (also called an adjournment) of a hearing if the Defendant needs additional time to prepare a defense and/or secure an attorney to represent them. I would strongly encourage you to consult with a domestic violence attorney prior to your hearing so that they can assist you in assessing the facts and circumstances surrounding the issuance of the TRO and in better understanding your rights/options. I hope this helps!

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. ... Read More
Q. I am looking to file for divorce in the state of New Jersey. I am not sure if my partner had already filed.
A: If your partner filed for divorce, typically they would have you “served”, meaning you would be given a copy of the divorce complaint and any ancillary documents. If your partner has an attorney, you can also contact their office to inquire about the status of any complaint/filing. If your partner has filed, you can respond to their complaint in the form of an answer or an answer and counterclaim.

If you do want to proceed with filing for divorce or have been served with divorce papers, I would recommend consulting a family law attorney to determine your next steps and how to proceed strategically in the litigation.

I hope this helps!

Disclaimer - This answer is for general information purposes and does not constitute legal advice or the formation of an attorney client relationship. ... Read More
Q. How long it takes in hudson county after MSA been filed been there waiting for more than year in an uncontested divorce?
A: If you and your spouse have been waiting for a Final Judgment of Divorce back from the Court, it may be worth it to contact the Family Division in Hudson County and inquire as to the status of your matter. The phone number is available on the New Jersey Superior Court website. It may be that the Court is simply backed up or it could be that there is additional information or filings needed to finalize the divorce. A phone call to the Court may assist you in determining what exactly is holding up the divorce and how to move forward. If you continue to encounter barriers, it may also be useful to consult a family law attorney. I hope this helps!

Disclaimer - This answer is intended for general information purposes. It does not constitute legal advice or the formation of an attorney client relationship. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Ormond Law
531 Broad Street
Riverton, NJ 08077
Telephone: (856) 202-6867
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 8 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 8 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.