Free Consultation: (864) 991-8450Tap to Call This Lawyer
Allen C. Ladd

Allen C. Ladd

Immigration lawyer at Allen C. Ladd, P.C.
  • Immigration Law
  • Georgia, South Carolina, Texas
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold

Thank you for visiting my JUSTIA listing. Please let me tell you a few things about my immigration law practice and how I may help you.

I am a full-time immigration lawyer. I handle only immigration cases. Over many years, I have helped thousands of people, many with challenging cases. And I'd like to help you to achieve your goal, so you or a family member can get permission to live in the United States, or become a citizen. Or perhaps, I can help you find a "visa solution" to help you live your dream of having your own business in the United States.

I am licensed to practice law in South Carolina. I can, and do, represent people in all 50 states, and people who are overseas. Occasionally I travel to other states for immigration interviews, and to other countries for conferences with clients and other attorneys.

My office is located in Greenville, South Carolina. The office is easy to find. From Interstate 85, take I-385 toward Greenville, proceed 5 or so miles, and turn left at the first traffic light, at the Bon Secours Wellness Center. This will put you a few blocks away from our office. The office is in an attractive white house at 14 Whitsett Street. See photos. Free parking is available on Whitsett Street.

In our office, we are friendly, and hospitable, to our guests. My paralegals and I will treat you courteously and professionally. We have a comfortable waiting room, and facilities for you and your family. We offer free Wi-Fi for our guests. And children's magazines, with a take-home box of crayons and coloring pages.

Important: You must schedule an appointment ahead of time, and complete an information sheet, which you can do online. It is available in English and in Spanish. You will be entitled to a free 30-minute consultation. Or, if you prefer, you may schedule a 1-hour consultation for $250, payable by credit card in advance. Telephone and Skype consultations are also available. We frequently Skype with clients in Europe

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    Consultations are FREE if made by appointment, and for 30 minutes. One-hour consultations are available for $250, by appointment. We do not accept walk-ins.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted, and payment by wire transfer, Western Union, etc. (subject to attorney approval).
  • Contingent Fees
    Fees may be structured according to payment plans. If final payment is contingent on approval, client must agree to a higher overall fee.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    All cases handled on a flat-fee basis. Payment plans are available for most cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
South Carolina
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • German: Written
  • Portuguese: Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Albany Law School
J.D. (1978) | General law studies; NY procedural law.
Honors: Co-President, First Year Class.
Activities: Student government. Rugby (A-side).
University of Virginia
B.A. (1975) | Foreign Relations, French
3.65 GPS within major fields of study.
Honors: Graduation with Distinction; Intermediate Honors, Dean's List all semesters.
Activities: Officer, Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. Intramural sports.
Professional Associations
South Carolina Bar  # 63051
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
65 Questions Answered

Q. Will Death of a petitioner cancel the application in family based immigration ?
A: This is a gray area. Send the death certificate with request for humanitarian review. Do this through an immigration lawyer. In any event, the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support by the petitioner (US citizen mother) will likely need to be replaced with the I-864 of another USC/lawful permanent resident (LPR). BTW, this looks like an "F3" family-based 3rd preference case, USC parent filing for [married adult child + son/daughter-in-law and grandchildren] family unit. There is no "F7" category; I'm assuming you were reading something handwritten.
Q. I want to apply for my brother's Green card. We have common parents.
A: Sorry to disappoint you, but it is probably not worth the effort. The visa "preference" category for siblings of US citizens is backlogged. It will likely take a dozen or more years -- much longer if your brother is from Mexico. Another issue is that Congress might eliminate the category. See an immigration lawyer to explore other options. Ask him or her about "EB-3" employment-based permanent residence, to get the conversation started. Not easy, but in the right circumstances it could shorten the waiting time to two or so years.
Q. Should I apply for naturalization if my mom is applying already when i am under 18 on the application date.
A: You won't be eligible to acquire citizenship when your mother becomes a naturalized citizen, because you will be 18 already. You must apply on your own.
Q. I have a friend who is here illegally and got caught with marijuana now he is on Ice Hold is there any thing we can do?
A: Find him a good immigration lawyer, someone who handles criminal-immigration cases or deportation/removal cases. Good luck.
Q. I have speeding tickets happened longtime ago. But my DMV driving record shows no violation. Where can i get them?
A: I suggest you keep googling for TX and LA DMV record info. You may need to have official DMV records on the speeding violations, for your natz interview. Go ahead and complete the form -- and note that YES, you were CITED and you were CHARGED and your were CONVICTED of a CRIME ... even though speedking tickets are low-level criminal offenses. Also if you even spent an hour in jail (not likely but possible) you must answer the question below those questions, YES you were in jail for __1__ day (for instance).
Q. Green Card / residency requirements
A: I agree with attorney Kelli Allen. You might also consider getting a P.O. box address in your state of residency, California, and use it as your mailing address.
Q. FilingN400 at 4 years and9 months under5 years permanent residency. Can first 3 months residential address be of abroad?
A: Yes. You will be giving travel information on the N-400. This will include the first 3 months of your 4.75-year period. Be sure, now, to stay in the USA and in the same city, state where you are now, for at least the next 90 days.
Q. About passport and overstaying
A: So you need a new German passport, right? You will need to contact the German embassy (Botschaft) in Manila. Here is their Facebook page: I don't know about overstaying in the Philippines, but I doubt it will be an issue for the country you wish to travel to. (I'm guessing it is Germany but it shouldn't matter. Philippines immigration issues don't follow you to another country.) Viele Glueck!
Q. When is the last day for him to leave USA?
A: Go with 30 days. I don't recall which one it is, but why push the matter?
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Allen C. Ladd, P.C.
14 Whitsett Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Telephone: (864) 991-8450
Fax: (864) 991-8484