Free Consultation: (301) 913-5884Tap to Call This Lawyer

Alan Solomon

Law offices of Alan Solomon
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • District of Columbia, Maryland
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

In practice in Maryland and Washington D.C. For 25 years. I have tried hundreds of cases and resolved many more. The most important thing a lawyer can do for you is to analyze the case and take steps to assure a positive outcome. A resolution without a trial is always preferable.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
Professional Experience
Law offices of Alan Solomon
The George Washington University Law School
J.D. (1992)
State University of New York - Binghamton
B.A. (1989) | Economics
Professional Associations
District of Columbia Bar
- Current
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered

Q. Can a parent take child away from nonparent if they didn't raise him?
A: Yes unless you have a court order for custody, parents have superior rights. If the natural parents are harmful to the child go file an emergency motion. If it is simply not in child's best interest file for custody immediately
Q. My sons father still lives with me and refuses to give me any money towards anything
A: You can file for child support and if you are not married and his name is not on lease then give him notice to vacate
Q. Whats is the purpose of duces tecum
A: The purpose is to get documents from the opposing party
Q. If my husband got our apartment as a benefit for working with the company, can he go to the rental office to move?
A: Yes but if he does that you will have 30 days to go to court and ask for support
Q. My husband got caught on a dating app and now wants a divorce, he also wants me and the kids to leave. What are my righ
A: You do not need to leave. You should each get a lawyer and negotiate who should leave in the best interest of the children
Q. How can i change my daughter's last name ? she is almost 3 years old.And how long is taking to get new last name ?
A: You need to file a petition in court to change her name and provide notice to the father. If he objects ere will be a hearing
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
7910 Woodmont Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814
Telephone: (301) 913-5884
Fax: (301) 913-5884