Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dangerous Drugs
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Malpractice
- Pipeline Explosion
- Toxic Torts
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Mexico
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Potts Law Firm
- University of Texas - Austin
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- Houstania top lawyer
- Rated by Super lawyers
- Super Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas State Bar
- New Mexico State Bar
Websites & Blogs
- Adam T. Funk's Website Profile
- Potts Law Firm - New Mexico Practice
- Potts Law Firm Blog
- WWE Hall of Famer Sues ‘Call of Duty’ Publishers for Copyright Infringement
13 February 2019
- Multiple New Plaintiffs Step Forward In Tenaris Flooding Case
18 December 2018
- The Worst Corporate Misconduct in 2018
14 December 2018
- 1 Child Killed; 45 Injured: What You Need To Know About Charter Bus Accidents
4 December 2018
- Voyage Magazine: Meet Derek Potts, Founder and National Managing Partner of The Potts Law Firm
29 November 2018
- Mother of a Teen Who Was Burned to Death in an Auto Accident Sues GM
19 November 2018
- Home From Haiti: Derek Potts Hosts Welcome Back Party for Houston Methodist Doctors Medical Trip
15 November 2018
- Helping Haitian Women: Houston Methodist Doctors Travel to Perform Life-Changing Surgeries
13 November 2018
- Ford recalls 1.5 million Ford Focus cars that could stall with fuel tank problem
29 October 2018
37 Questions Answered
- Q. What is the average discovery period for a product liability case filed in the NJ Fedral court?
- A: It really depends on the federal court and the judge. Some judges allow the period to last up to 30 days prior to the trial. Others cut it shorter. Some judges allow you 6 months while others provide you with 18 months. It really depends on a number of factors. Adam
- Q. Are settlements in a lawsuit public information?
- A: Very few are because the defendant requests a confidentiality agreement.
- Q. My mother was diagnosed with gall bladder stones when in surgery the surgeon noticed she didn't have a gall bladder.
- A: I was involved in a similar case. This may have been an unnecessary surgery and therefore malpractice. You should contact a malpractice attorney right away.
- Q. I need help with someones lawsuit
- A: Lawyers are always here to help.
- Q. What is the time frame for Texas to file a civil suit against the illegal immigrant drunk driver that killed my son?
- A: I am sorry for your loss. You have two years from the date of death.
- Q. My best friend and my daughter's god father was killed in Texas, the family has sued. Can we sue for our grief and loss?
- A: If you did not witness the accident then no. If you did, then there might be a claim. You should speak to an attorney as soon as possible for statute of limitations purposes.
- Q. If a radiologist missed an meniscus tear on an MRI. As a result the tear gets worse and surgery is needed. Negligence?
- A: Negligence is defined as the beach of the standard of care. If a reasonably prudent audiologist would have caught it and the additional damage caused you more injury, then there might be a claim of negligence. You should speak to a qualified medical malpractice attorney in Texas as soon as possible.
- Q. I need an approximate amount of money if I give up my right for medical treatment for life. I'm 31 years old
- A: I'm not sure I understand your question. If you provide more details, perhaps I can help.
- Q. My mom was given to much medication in the ER and nothing was charted what are our options
- A: I answered a similar question above. Please see that answer.
Contact & Map