Free Consultation: (877) 652-0183Tap to Call This Lawyer
Adam Alexander

Adam Alexander

Consumer Lawyer Michigan
  • Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Foreclosure Defense...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

The Alexander Law Firm specializes Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act, (FCRA), Michigan Lemon, Debtor Defense, Spot Delivery and “Yo-Yo” cases, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, (TCPA), and other consumer protection and employment cases. Attorneys on staff also handle criminal defense cases of any kind. We have the experience and tools necessary defend you, prosecute debt collectors, creditors and furnishers of credit who are harassing consumers and derogating their credit reports.

Practice Areas
  • Consumer Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Most consumer cases involve "fee-shifting" laws that allow me to recover attorney fees from the Defendant(s)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
6th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Alexander Law Firm
- Current
Michigan State University
Michigan State University
B.A. / Pre-Law (1988)
Professional Associations
National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Current
Michigan State Bar # 53584
- Current
Articles & Publications
How To Dispute Inaccurate Credit
Speaking Engagements
Ask The Lawyer, Community House, 380 S Bates St, Birmingham, Michigan
Ask the Lawyer
Open community event to provide an opportunity for Michigan residents to consult with local attorneys regarding various legal issues
National Association of Consumer Advocates
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. can a bank bounce a check in wrote when I had deposited the funds (check in my account 2 days prior) and the check
A: I suggest you get a copy of all your bank transactions from one week prior to the incident to one week after the incident. Then contact a consumer lawyer in your area and provide him/her with a detailed summary of events and a copy of the bank transactions. Essentially, more information is needed to provide an accurate answer to your question.
Q. T Mobile owes me over 200 for a defective phone that I returned to them & they charged me for it. It's been 5 months.
A: I suggest small claims court. It is inexpensive and you can recover your filing fee as well. The hearing is relatively informal so you do not have to know legal terminology. Remember "The People's Court" with Judge Wapner? Same concept. Bring your evidence and be ready to argue. There is a chance that T-Mobile will remove your case to the general docket after you file the small claims form. In that case, you may wish to see a lawyer.
Q. I lost my Home in Oakland County to tax foreclosure I have money to pay now is can I appeal
A: I suggest you contact Michigan's Step Forward program to see if they can help. The link is here: You should also contact the Michigan Treasurer's office to see if they can point you in the right direction. You still may have redemption rights but tax foreclosure fees and levies are hefty.
Q. I was accused of malicious destruction of private property.
A: Are there any other witnesses? If it's a "he said, she said" situation, the court generally sides with whatever the police officer says. A lawyer is going to want to have some additional information to help you regarding this incident. I suggest you get a consultation with a criminal lawyer and set up a phone call.
Q. I recently got a judgement against me for a loan that someone gave me on their credit card
A: Just so I understand, who is this "someone" who obtained a judgment against you? Is this "someone" the same person as "they" who may have filed bankruptcy? Is this "someone" the same person as the "he" who is going to put a lien on your property? I'm going to try to help based on my assumptions of what you may mean. But this is totally a guess. Someone (friend or acquaintance) got a cash advance on a credit card and gave you a personal loan. Then he/she sued you and obtained a judgment. Then the credit card came after him/her and he/she filed bankruptcy. Your questions is: "would I have to pay him"? Under my assumption facts, the answer is "YES". If he/she has a judgment against you, you will probably have to pay that, despite the bankruptcy filing. I suggest you ask your question again with some additional detail. Focus on the following: 1. Who obtained a judgment against you 2. When was the judgment entered and how much was the judgment 3. Did you get a personal loan from "someone" or did you cosign on a credit card 4. Who filed for bankruptcy and is the credit card listed as a discharged creditor in the bankruptcy Good luck!
Q. Are there different degrees of severity in DUI crimes? If you hit someone with your car, that's a worse offense than
A: The short answer is "YES". There are different degrees of severity. Some activity is worse statutorily (by law) and some activity is worse perception-wise, but may be just as damaging. Your activity during the entire event is important, as is the investigation by police. Michigan DUI laws and DUI defense are actually very complex. Many scenarios, many variations come into play. Believe it or not, the jurisdiction where the arrest occurred is almost as important as any other factor in relation to punishment and potential defenses. I urge you to consult an experienced criminal law attorney as soon as possible regarding this issue.
Q. If a product I bought had a seven year warranty and broke after four years and the company refuses to replace or repair
A: An attorney will need more detail than this to properly respond to your question. What product? How much did you pay? Was this warranty sold with the product or purchased from a third-party company? What are the terms of the warranty? Are the defects you complain of excluded from coverage? These and other questions are important. I suggest you re-post your question with full detail and I expect you will get some excellent responses.
Q. I bought a car two months ago from an used car dealer. It started giving problems right two weeks after purchase and
A: I would need to review the purchase agreement and finance agreement to give you a more detailed response. However, most used vehicles are purchased "as-is". If you purchased the vehicle “as-is” it means you buy it with all its defects and nonconformities. Essentially, because the vehicle is not warranted, you may not have a legal claim. If there is no warranty as to the vehicle’s mechanical ability, the only potential claim you may have is for fraud, (ie. odometer fraud, title fraud). Most oral promises relating the mechanical ability of a used vehicle are not enforceable in court. So, whether you received a warranty is a critical fact in the analysis. Finally, if the seller is a licensed dealer, they must have a “Buyer’s Guide” posted conspicuously on the vehicle before you purchase it. This Buyer’s Guide is required by the FTC and includes various notices regarding the vehicle and the warranty or service contract. If there was no Buyer’s Guide, this fact may be used as some leverage to get you out of the vehicle or get it fixed. I suggest you contact an experienced consumer protection attorney in your area to review your situation.
Q. How much is a dealer on the hook to fix my used car - seems like there were issues the minute I drove it off the lot.
A: Hello. I suggest you provide more specifics. What were the repairs for? How much did you pay? What problems did you have when you drove off the lot? Did you bring these issues up with the dealer? Answers to these questions will help an attorney to point you in the right direction.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
17200 W. Ten Mile Rd., Ste. 200
Southfield, MI 48075
Toll-Free: (877) 652-0183
Telephone: (248) 246-6353
Fax: (248) 246-6353
17200 W. Ten Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075
Toll-Free: (877) 652-0183
Telephone: (248) 246-6353
Fax: (248) 746-3793