Websites & Blogs
- Finally, the Government is held to the same standard(s) as criminal defendants on appeal…
4 February 2019
- After Sentencing, Defense Counsel Learns a Juror Failed to Disclose Material Information During Pretrial Voir Dire. Now what?
8 October 2018
- A Generic Appeal Waiver Doesn’t Preclude Claim of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel at Sentencing—In re Sealed Case, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 16-3005 (Aug. 17, 2018).
25 August 2018
- Safety Valve: Statutory Construction Saves the Day in International Interdiction Appeal; Inter-Circuit Split Noted—United States v. Alfredo Mosquera-Murillo, et al, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 16-309 (Aug. 24, 2018).
25 August 2018
- A money-laundering conviction reversed for insufficient evidence plus the D.C. Circuit agrees that individualized jury determinations of drug quantity in conspiracy prosecutions are necessary to trigger mandatory minimum sentences – United States v. Calvin Stoddard, et al, __ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 15-3060 (June 15, 2018).
17 June 2018
- A deficient Rule 11 plea colloquy, plain error imposition of a consecutive sentence and an upwards departure that lacked a reasoned explanation: United States v. Dawayne Brown, et al, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 15-3056 (June 15, 2018).
16 June 2018
- A masterclass on the doctrines of Law of the Case, Waiver, Forfeiture, Remand and on Firearm and Role-in-the-Offense enhancements–plain error results in a remand: United States v. Miller, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 17-3001 (May 18, 2018).
28 May 2018
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel–When the Sentencing Guidelines’ Language Controls the Commentary: United States v. Winstead, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 12-3036 (May 25, 2018)
27 May 2018
- So you want to serve your sentence at home?
17 May 2018
Contact & Map