Legal Services Provided
Appeals & Appellate
Websites & Blogs
- A money-laundering conviction reversed for insufficient evidence plus the D.C. Circuit agrees that individualized jury determinations of drug quantity in conspiracy prosecutions are necessary to trigger mandatory minimum sentences – United States v. Calvin Stoddard, et al, __ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 15-3060 (June 15, 2018).
17 June 2018
- A deficient Rule 11 plea colloquy, plain error imposition of a consecutive sentence and an upwards departure that lacked a reasoned explanation: United States v. Dawayne Brown, et al, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 15-3056 (June 15, 2018).
16 June 2018
- A masterclass on the doctrines of Law of the Case, Waiver, Forfeiture, Remand and on Firearm and Role-in-the-Offense enhancements–plain error results in a remand: United States v. Miller, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 17-3001 (May 18, 2018).
28 May 2018
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel–When the Sentencing Guidelines’ Language Controls the Commentary: United States v. Winstead, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 12-3036 (May 25, 2018)
27 May 2018
- So you want to serve your sentence at home?
17 May 2018
- Never Say Never: The First Circuit Reverses District Court’s Denial of Section 2254 Habeas Petition and Orders Issuance of the Great Writ
1 May 2018
- 9th Circuit: Remand for misapplication of Sentencing Guidelines “minor role” adjustment; vague supervised release conditions vacated; limitation on district court authority to revoke expired supervised release term
8 April 2018
- Multiplicity and Illegal Sentence–When two alleged conspiracies are but one; erroneous enhancement and a sentence exceeding the statutory maximum: United States v. Gary Cooper, _ F.3d _ (D.C. Circuit, No. 17-3015 (March 30, 2018).
30 March 2018
- 9th Circuit: Fraud convictions reversed for lack of evidence that defendants knowingly waived their right to a jury trial
11 February 2018
Contact & Map