Free Consultation: (310) 410-9902Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

  • Family Law, Medical Malpractice, Divorce
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Providing high quality legal representation to a wide range of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles area since 1993. I offer reasonable and highly competitive hourly rates where applicable. Prenuptial Agreements and Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO) are expertly prepared for one flat fee. The best interests of the children are the focus of the courts and of my law practice. Once your family law matter has resolved, you will not be abandoned. If modifications of any support, child custody or visitation orders are needed in the future, contact my office to reopen your file. I was recently asked what types of medical malpractice cases I am willing to take. My answer? I take good cases. Unlike most other personal injury lawyers, I get the records reviewed by a qualified expert up front before any letters are sent or any case is filed. If I agree to take your case it's because I know it's good and I can make you money.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Medical Malpractice cases are handled on a contingency fee basis.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    QDROs and Prenuptial Agreements are handled on a flat fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
George Washington Univ
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Loyola Law School
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Culver Marina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 167151
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
505 Questions Answered
Q. I was denied a colonoscopy by my doctor in March now I have Stage 3 metastatic colon cancer. Do I have a valid case?
A: How old are you? Where are you? I notice you are posting from Chicago to attorneys in California. Your age is relevant to the issue of whether your doctor should have considered referring you for a colonoscopy
Q. How do I go about getting a legal separation? We've only been married 8 months.
A: You can either hire an attorney to handle the matter for you or you can use the court's self-help resources. Which option you choose depends on whether minor children are involved, whether there is property to be divided, issues related to spousal/child support, etc.
Q. Advice Needed: US citizen divorcing a UK citizen
A: It looks like you posted this question from Massachusetts, but posted for attorneys in California. Assuming that you are in California, as long as you meet the residency requirements, you can file here. The residency requirement for filing for divorce in California are that you have lived in CA for 6 consecutive months preceding the date of filing. You must also have lived in the county in which you file at least 3 consecutive months preceding the date of filing in that county. Once you file, the next hurdle is service of process to a responding party who lives outside this country. You will need to comply with international service of process laws. Ireland is a party to the Hague Convention on the Service Abroad of Judicial and Extra Judicial Documents in Civil and Commercial Matters
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Tobie B. Waxman
400 Corporate Pt
Ste 300
Culver City, CA 90230
Telephone: (310) 410-9902
Fax: (888) 411-9036
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.