- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Tax Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Private Businesses
- Exempt Organizations
- Estate and Trust Administration
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Harvard University Law School
- cum laude
- Whitman College
- summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Everett High School
- Everett, Washington
- Oregon State Bar # 681232
- Activities: Present: Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel; member of Estate Planning Council of Portland; member of Northwest Planned Giving Roundtable; member of planned giving advisory council, Whitman College.
- Activities: Past: Adjunct Professor of Law (Estate Planning; Nonprofit Organization Law), Lewis & Clark Law School; Steering Committee, Portland Allied Professionals; contributor to Advising Oregon Businesses Forms Volume (2003 revision); advisory council, Austin Family Business Program, Oregon State University; Exempt Organizations Committee, American Bar Association Section of Taxation; chair of planned giving committee, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral; speaker at various seminars on topics involving estate planning, tax-exempt organizations, charitable giving, and family businesses.
- Activities: Present: Board of directors, Oregon Symphony Association; sponsor, “I Have A Dream” class; trustee, Rose E. Tucker Charitable Trust; board of trustees, The Herbert A. Templeton Foundation; investment committee, Planned Parenthood of the Columbia-Willamette; vestry, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral; overseer emeritus, Whitman College.
- Activities: Past: Board of directors and president, “I Have A Dream” Foundation-Oregon; board member and chair, Riverdale School District; board of overseers and vice chair, Whitman College; board of trustees, Portland Art Museum; leadership council, Oregon Mentors; board of directors, Magna Carta in America; board of directors, Oregon Business Committee for the Arts; national board of directors and Western Region chair, Planned Parenthood Federation of America; board of directors and president, Planned Parenthood of the Columbia-Willamette; board of directors and president, Portland Dance Theatre; membership on various civic, charitable, and governmental committees and task forces.
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map