Claimed Lawyer ProfileLII Gold
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
- 6th Circuit
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Court of Claims in Washington DC
- President and Lead Counsel
- The Goldberg Law Firm Co., LPA
- - Current
- Capital University Law School
- J.D. (1989)
- Arizona State University
- B.A. (1985) | English
- 2020 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers
- Goldberg Legal Co., LPA attorney Steven M. Goldberg was recently recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" for Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs in the Cleveland area. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity. In addition to the "Lawyer of the Year" award, Steven M. Goldberg was also listed in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the following practice areas: Medical Malpractice Law -- Plaintiffs and Product Liability - Plaintiffs. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
- 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- Goldberg Legal Co., LPA is proud to announce Steven M. Goldberg’s selection by his peers for the third year for inclusion in the 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers® for professional excellence in the practice areas of Medical Malpractice Law and Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected attorney ranking service in the world and is universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Lawyers are not allowed to pay a fee to be recognized. Therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. More than 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote. Since being first published in 1983, more than 13 million votes have been cast to determine the legal abilities of lawyers based on their specific practice areas.
- 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
- U.S. News and World Report - Best Lawyers
- Goldberg Legal Co., LPA has been ranked in the 2019 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list and regionally (Cleveland) in 2 practice areas: Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs Firms included in the 2019 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a tiered ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise. The 2019 Edition of “Best Law Firms” includes rankings in 75 national practice areas and 122 metropolitan-based practice areas. A “Law Firm of the Year” is named in 74 of the 75 nationally ranked practice areas. Ranked firms, presented in tiers, are listed on a national and/or metropolitan scale. Receiving a tier designation reflects the high level of respect a firm has earned among other leading lawyers and clients in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism and their integrity
- Lifetime Achievement
- National Trial Lawyers: America's Top 100 Attorneys
- An invitation only, professional association composed of America’s most accomplished Trial Lawyers from each state, invited Attorney Goldberg to its ranks in 2014.
- Cleveland's Top Rated Lawyers 2014 Edition
- Plain Dealer & Wall Street Journal
- The 2013 and 2014 Editions of Cleveland’s Legal Leaders published in The Plain Dealer and The Wall Street Journal have recognized Steven Goldberg as one of Cleveland Ohio’s top rated lawyers. This list of Top Rated Lawyers is created through a peer review rating and includes lawyers that have reached the highest levels of ethical standards and professional excellence.
- Lifetime Member Million Dollar Advocate
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, The Top Trial Lawyers in America®
- Steven is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, The Top Trial Lawyers in America® (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum), one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members. Steven has participated in high profile pharmaceutical cases involving drugs and devices including Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra, Gadolinium, and Zyprexa and is working with National Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees in a number of pharmaceutical cases including Heparin and Yaz, representing individual claimants throughout the country alleging personal injuries against many of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
- Steven M. Goldberg, earned and maintains an AV® Preeminent™ rating (5.0/5.0) from Martindale-Hubbell®. For more than 130 years, lawyers have relied on the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® rating while searching for their own expert attorneys. The Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rating is the highest possible rating for an attorney for both ethical standards and legal ability. This rating represents the pinnacle of professional excellence. It is achieved only after an attorney has been reviewed and recommended by their peers — members of the bar and the judiciary. The Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating is a credential highly valued and sought after in the legal world. It used to be a sort of secret among attorneys who used the rating as a first screen when they needed to hire a lawyer they did not personally know. The Rating is a great way for anyone — lawyers or lay people — to use to screen lawyers. Steven is proud of this distinction and remains committed to providing his clients with the highest level of service and expertise required to maintain such preeminent standing in the legal community.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member and Fellow
- Activities: Steven M. Goldberg is a Fellow of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, the charitable fund-raising arm of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Steven’s commitment and support through the Fellows program has helped to benefit the Association’s pro bono and public service programs funded by the Foundation, in perpetuity. These programs serve vitally important community needs.
- American Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Mahoning County Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Goldberg Legal Co.
Websites & Blogs
- Steven Goldberg's Website Profile
- Goldberg Legal Co., LPA Website
- Cleveland Ohio Legal Blog
Contact & Map