Sharon R. Moss

Sharon R. Moss

Farrell and Croft, PC
  • Divorce, Family Law, Estate Planning
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Sharon Moss is an associate at Farrell & Croft, P.C. practicing family law and estate planning. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. In her estate planning practice, Ms. Moss drafts wills, trusts, advance medical directives, living wills, and powers of attorney.

A native Virginian, Ms. Moss is a military spouse, and has lived in many states over the last 16 years. She graduated cum laude in the top 20% of her class from the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii. During law school she was a student member of the James S. Burns Aloha Chapter of the American Inn of Court, and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Practice I.

An attorney since 2012, Ms. Moss has practiced family law and estate matters in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Prior to law school, Ms. Moss had a career in event planning and coordination. She has planned events both nationally and internationally to include fairs, festivals, medical conventions, and training programs for FEMA’s Urban Search and Rescue Task Forces.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • English: Spoken, Written
University of Hawai'i at Manoa William S. Richardson School of Law
J.D. (2012) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Virginia State Bar # 84981
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
105 Questions Answered

Q. Being awarded physical custody can the parent with less custody take the child and not return them after agreed time?
A: Since the order grants liberal visitation as the parties agree, if the non-custodial parent takes the child and does not return the child at the time that was agreed to by the parties, then they would be in violation of the court order. You should always make sure that the agreed upon times are in writing prior to the visitation. Use text or email to set the visitation times so that you have evidence of when the other parent was supposed to have visitation, should you need it at a future date.
Q. What is considered the 2nd weekend of July 2018 in regards to visitation
A: Most likely July 14-15, 2018.
Q. who all is present during a child custody court case?
A: Both parties, their attorneys, if they have one, a Guardian ad litem, if one was appointed, and any witnesses that each party wishes to call. The Judge and a courtroom deputy. Possibly a court reporter.
Q. Va Code 20-108.2(D), parties shall share unreimbursed medical OVER $250. Does the custodial parent eat the first $250?
A: That is how the old version of the code reads. Yes, that is how it is interpreted. The custodial parent pays the first $250 and then anything over that is split by the parents.
Q. My custody order States that my sons father has visitation from 2 PM Christmas day until 6 PM Jan.1
A: It depends on what the Order states with regard to your holiday visitation time. Also, does it state that the holiday visitation supersedes the regular visitation. More information regarding what the order says is needed to be able to answer this question.
Q. I I'm the Non Custodial parent do I have to go back to court to stop paying child support when my child turns 18
A: It depends on what your order says, and if the order was issued in Virginia. If issued in Virginia it will also depend on whether or not your child has graduated from high school or if they are disabled.
Q. What can i do ? If My Child’s Mother keeping my son away from if we shared split custody
A: If you have a court order regarding custody and visitation, and if she is violating the provisions of the order, then you can file a Rule to Show Cause to ask the court to enforce the order. If there is no court order regarding custody and visitation, you can file Petitions for Custody and Visitation with the court so that an order is in place for you to have time with your son.
Q. my spouse owned a home prior to marriage. home became investment prop. During marriage. How does this help me?
A: The house is the spouse's separate property. Depending on the details of whether or not the mortgage and upkeep is being paid from the rents collected, and how much of your personal effort has gone into the appreciation of the property, you may have some claim to a portion of the equity in the home, but you would need to discuss the specifics of your case with an attorney to make that determination.
Q. My ex husband filed a divorce against my knowledge and lied about my whereabouts. Is there anyway I can find out what
A: Under Virginia code he should have filed the Complaint for Divorce in the court in the county/city that you last lived together in Virginia.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Farrell and Croft PC
9324 Main Street
Manassas, VA 20110
Telephone: (703) 335-9390
Fax: (703) 335-0799