Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
205 Questions Answered
- Q. My FL probate attorney isn't returning calls, letters or emails. Can I file a doc with the court to fire the attorney?
- A: You most likely are going to need an attorney to represent you if your present attorney isn't doing the job. I would consult with a substitute attorney and have that attorney take care of doing this. You may also want to check with the Florida Bar to make sure your present attorney is still able to practice.
- Q. can executor cut inheritance $500 each to pay others more when not specified
- A: Funds are supposed to be distributed per the language of the will. There are exceptions if there is not sufficient assets in the estate to fund per the will. Distribution of assets is supervised by the court, if the plan is not following the will, someone should object. You can retain an attorney to assist you in this, if the personal representative is not following the will the most severe sanction would be to remove the personal representative. You may be able to recoup attorney's fees spent in seeking enforcement of distribution as specified in the will.
- Q. I purchased vacant land on eBay, should receive warranty deed next month. There appears to be a house on it.
- A: If you do receive the warranty deed you may want to take it to a real estate attorney to have a title search done to make sure whoever signed the warranty title had some legal interest in the property since at best you are only acquiring whatever interest that person or entity had in the real property. eBay probably not the best place to be buying and selling real property.
Contact & Map