Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- International Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 1031194
- New York University School of Law
- New York State Bar  # 1031194
- - Current
2 Questions Answered
- Q. Do you use an EIN number or grantor’s SS# for a trust brokerage acct?
- A: If you mean a "grantor's trust" like a "living trust" that is subject to distributions of income and principal by the grantor at any time, then use the grantor's SS#.
- Q. My husband and sister in law are co trustees of their mothers (who recently passed away) trust. Their mother's attorney
- A: The attorney may be concerned about privilege, since the lawyer-client privilege might not be effective where a third party (you) was involved in discussions. That aside, since your husband is a trustee, he can choose his own lawyer (who may or not be joint with his sister's lawyer). In fact, I am not sure what the mother's lawyer's position in this whole thing is.
Contact & Map