(501) 376-1112Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard Lane HughesHughes Law Office
- Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Family Law ...
James Powell June 15, 2020
This lawyer will not contact you or keep you informed. This lawyer won't do his job. He will set you up for failure. He left me in jail 3 months longer than neccessary. He costed me my job. He hasn't once told me a court date. You will go to prison with this lawyer. I want to see my daughter and he won't file the motion with the courts.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Litigation is our practice. If a case has the potential to go to a trial we want a chance to be engaged. If it is in our client's best interest to settle, we will do so, but only if it is the course chosen by the client.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Nursing Home Abuse
Contingency fees are available in many cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 8th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Hughes Law Office
- G. Ross Smith & Assoc.
- Crumpler, O'Connor & Wynne
- University of Arkansas - Little Rock
- J.D. (1982) | Law
- Arkansas State Bar
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Henry Woods Inn of Courts
Websites & Blogs
- Hughes Law Office
51 Questions Answered
- Q. 3 people arrested for drugs and guns 2 went fta the 3rd went to court it got thrown out what happens to the 2 fta's
- A: The persons that failed to appear remain subject to prosecution. Jeapordy did not attach to those individuals since they did not appear to defend themselves. There may be reasons that the failure to disclose "Brady" material in the case of accused number one will impact the prosecution of accused 2 and 3. It is impossible to say given the facts stated.
- Q. If someone fails to appear in court in Arkansas are they considered a fugitive?
- A: If the Court issues a warrant for the arrest of an accused for failure to appear, the accused may be considered a fugitive. That is, the active warrant subjects the person named in the warrant to arrest and detention. The term "fugitive" is sometimes used to invoke jurisdiction of law enforcement agencies like the U.S. Marshals Service. U.S. Marshals may assist local authorities apprehend as "fugitives" persons who are fleeing from state prosecution.
- Q. To be arrested with theft by property does the person have to be in possession of said property for them to get arrested
- A: No. The offense is the theft of the property. Possession of stolen property may be evidence of theft or a separate crime. The taking and the possession are two distinct acts.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.