- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Entertainment & Sports Law
Additional Practice Areas
- General Civil
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- The University of Texas School of Law
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Activities: Mr. Watler is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas, the College of the State Bar of Texas, and the Media Law Resource Center. He is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and the Dallas Bar Foundation. Mr. Watler has served several terms as chair of the Media Relations Committee of the Dallas Bar Association and currently serves as vice chairman of the Public Affairs Committee of the State Bar of Texas. He was selected to serve on the inaugural Advertising Review Committee of the State Bar of Texas to help implement the Texas Rules of Professional Conduct regulating lawyer marketing and solicitation. Mr. Watler was appointed by the Texas Supreme Court to a Special Rules Advisory Committee tasked with writing court rules for controversial judicial by-pass abortion access legislation enacted by the Texas Legislature.
- Activities: Mr. Watler served as president of the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas in 1996-99 and currently serves on the board of directors of North Texas Public Broadcasting (KERA). He formerly served on the board of directors of the Lake Highlands Family YMCA and as president of the Oakhurst and Twin Bridge homeowner associations. He was a youth soccer coach for 10 years and an adult leader in Boy Scout Troop 890.
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map