Rodney attended North Carolina State University and graduated cum laude with honors in 1991 with a degree in Political Science with a Criminal Justice concentration. He then obtained his Juris Doctor at the Wake Forest University School of Law in 1995. While at Wake Forest, Rodney was the Captain of the International and Constitutional Law Moot Court teams which won several awards in inter-school competition.
Rodney joined the Buncombe County District Attorney's office in 1995 and worked as an Assistant District Attorney until 2009. While there, he tried over 160 jury trials, including capital murder, adult and child sex offenses, armed robberies, and habitual felons. One of the cases he tried, State v. Terry Alvin Hyatt, was a capital murder that was featured on Dateline NBC and A&E's Cold Case Files.
Rodney officially joined the firm January 1, 2010 and currently practices in the areas of criminal defense and general civil litigation.
Member: North Carolina Bar Association; North Carolina State and 28h Judicial District Bars
- Criminal Law
- Free Consultation
Free Initial Consulation
- Long, Parker, Warren, Anderson & Payne, P.A.
- - Current
- Specializing in Criminal Defense cases of all types, also practices in the area of Civil Litigation
- Assistant District Attorney
- Buncombe County District Attorney's Office
- Tried over 160 Jury Trials, including everything from Capital and non-Caapital Murder and all lesser offenses
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Wake Forest Moot Court Teams 2nd and 3rd years; Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing class
- North Carolina State University
- B.A. | Criminal Justice
- Honors: Cum Laude