Mr. Benjamin Scott Johns EsquireEstate Administration, Estate Planning, Compassionate Client Advocacy
- Estate Planning, Elder Law, Probate
- Pennsylvania, Texas
• I am a passionate advocate for families who are in need of estate plans which take into account their unique situations and concerns. I enjoy engaging with the concerns of an aging population through carefully planned, drafted and executed estate plans contemplating inherited IRAs using standalone retirement trusts and charitable remainder trusts, Medicaid spend down strategies, asset protection, and creditor protection for beneficiaries, advanced will techniques such as separate share trusts, testamentary trusts, insurance trusts, revocable living trusts and irrevocable trusts both of grantor and non-grantor varieties.
• I embrace the many different ways that I can assist with the unique challenges and opportunities presented when planning for Special Needs beneficiaries including the use of first, third and pooled special needs trusts, appropriate trustee provisions and thoughtful understanding of what makes each beneficiary different and what those differences will mean for the family and responsible people after the plan is in effect.
• Constantly learning, reading and adapting what others choose to look at as 'static forms' including custom drafted power of attorneys contemplating specific conditions of each client, including dementia standalone documents for all clients without additional fees. Continuing contact with palliative care professionals to further enhance these documents with the aim of eventually having a statutory version to protect all. A dedication to the needs of the aging population far beyond what others rely on in forms and software solutions.
• Routinely teach accredited CLE courses as well as private speaking engagements on a wide range of topics. These include niche trust arrangements, charitable trusts, constitutional law, pronoun specific document preparation and general practice management, probate practice, medicaid and VA lookbacks and ethical concerns in the practice of law.
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Elder Law
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Duquesne University School of Law
- J.D. (2009)
- Honors: Order of the Barristers Certificate of Legal Studies-China (June 2007) Pro Bono Certificate of Recognition (2009), CALI Award Winner, International Environmental Law (2008)
- Activities: Jessup International Moot Court Team, Federalist Society, Lexis Nexis Representative, Environmental Law Society, Military Law Society, Pro Bono Certificate, Student Bar Association
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
- B.A. (2005) | Politics & Philosophy
- Honors: Honors College
- Activities: Delta Tau Delta, Order of Omega
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.