Free Consultation: (801) 200-5147Tap to Call This Lawyer
Michael Sundwall

Michael Sundwall

Miguel Garcia, RETIRED
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Utah
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Area
    Cannabis & Marijuana Law
    Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    $9,950 flat fee (plus court filing fee) for most cases -- PayPal & Venmo accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Miguel Garcia, RETIRED
- Current
Attorney, Managing Partner
Law Office
Law Clerk
Legal Aid Society
Law school internship assisting low-income individuals in various family law issues.
Law Clerk
Utah Legal Services, Inc.
Law school internship assisting elderly, low-income individuals by preparing wills, trusts and other estate planning documents.
University of Utah
J.D. | Law
University of Utah Logo
University of Utah
B.A. | Accounting
Honors: magna cum laude
University of Utah Logo
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 07780
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Salt Lake Community College
Guest Lecturer
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered
Q. I was served I responded they never filled. I was served again. What are my rights?
A: Sounds like you were served with a 10-day summons. The plaintiff can you use a 10-day summons to serve a lawsuit (summons & complaint) without having to pay the court filing fee. Once the papers are served, the plaintiff has 10 days to file a lawsuit. The summons should have stated on it that you are not required to respond or file an answer to the complaint unless the lawsuit is filed within 10 days after you were served. If it was not filed within 10 days, the plaintiff has the right to have you served again, then file within 10 days. Sorry, but you still must defend against the newly served papers. Your rights have not changed because the plaintiff failed to file the complaint within 10 days after service of the first 10-day summons. ... Read More
Q. I need help understanding Utah Sec. 78B-2-309(2). Someone is trying to use it against us saying they no longer owe us.
A: The Utah code section you reference is a statute of limitations on written contracts. It says you cannot collect on a debt created through a written contract more than six years after that became do or the most recent payment was made. However, this statute limitations applies to unsecured debts. If you had a deed of trust properly executed and recorded at the County Recorder against the home, there is no statute of limitations. Your dad would be collectible indefinitely unless some action was taken in the bankruptcy court to have the second mortgage stripped. This can be done when the total debt exceeds the value of the house. Absent those circumstances, your deed of trust should still be enforceable. ... Read More
Q. Am I allowed to file an exemption on a piece of property I own if it's not my primary residence?
A: Utah homestead exemption laws allow you to exempt up to $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for a married couple of equity in real estate that is not being used as your primary residence.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
533 W 2600 S, Suite 125
Bountiful, UT 84010
Telephone: (801) 200-5147
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.