Free Consultation: (610) 434-7138Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Scoblionko

Mark Scoblionko

Scoblionko, Scoblionko, Muir & Melman
  • Business Law, Insurance Claims, Medical Malpractice...
  • Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Native of the Lehigh Valley. Has been the President of Scoblionko, Scoblionko, Muir & Melman since 1975. Married to Deena since 1964; two children, three grandchildren. 2012 recipient of the Lifetime Service Award from Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley. Certified as "Civil Trial Advocate" by National Board of Trial Advocacy. Focuses on civil personal injury and commercial litigation, business and corporate law, real estate.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Health Care Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
  • Construction Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Automobile Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    VISA, MasterCard
  • Contingent Fees
    (For personal injury matters)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
3rd Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Scoblionko, Scoblionko, Muir & Melman
- Current
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
J.D. | Law
Honors: Graduated with Honors
Activities: Assistant Editor, University of Michigan Law Review; Research Assistant, Constitutional Law
Cornell University
B.A. | English
Lifetime Service Award
Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley
Awarded upon retirement from the Board of the Jewish Federation
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
Lehigh County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
American Association for Justice
Jewish Day School of the Lehigh Valley
- Current
Activities: Provide pro bono services, including financing, contracts, general litigation.
Jewish Community Center of Allentown
- Current
Activities: Provide pro bono legal services in a variety of areas, including financing and real estate.
Jewish Day School of Lehigh Valley Supporting foundation/Endowment
- Current
Activities: Provide endowment support for Jewish Day School of the Lehigh Valley
Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley
Board Member/Vice President
Activities: Served as Vice President, Campaign Chair, and Co-Chair of Strategic Planning; Performed merger of Federations in Lehigh and Northampton Counties
Articles & Publications
Michigan Law Review
Civil Trial Advocate
National Board of Trial Advocacy
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
291 Questions Answered

Q. My husband who was intoxicated walked in front of a car and sustained multiple life threatening injuries.
A: If your husband was served alcoholic beverages while in a "visibly intoxicated condition" there is potentially a meritorious case. However, your husband's comparative negligence would also be an issue. You should promptly consult with a lawyer to evaluate this case and seek to identify witnesses. Additionally, the conduct of the driver should be assessed.
Q. My father passed away and city is after me for property tax on property he owned. Am I responsible?
A: If you are not on the deed, you are not responsible. The estate is responsible. However, no distributions can be made from the estate and the house will not be able to be sold until the taxes are paid. You should consult a lawyer.
Q. I assigned my mother’s life insurance to the funeral home. Can I have my 2 siblings pay their share to me?
A: The funeral bill is completely payable by the estate and you should have the estate reimburse you for the entire bill as the estate gets a tax deduction for doing so. If all or some portion of the bill is paid by life insurance, there is no deduction for that portion. The funeral director should not have asked you to do that and he should know better.
Q. Hello My uncle had got sick before he went into a a nursing home he said we could stay at his house now he wants me out
A: If the house belongs to your uncle and you have no lease, he can force you to leave. It is possible that you could could sue him to recover the costs of the improvements you made to the property, but you would have to review all this with a lawyer to outline all of the facts, such as, whether he knew that you were making the improvements.
Q. sister in her will gives all to brother only. He dies before her. He has 3 children. Does it go to children?
A: A lawyer would have to review the Will to answer this question.
Q. My mother is 89 years old and I am her caregiver. I work but bought a home so that I could meet her aging needs.
A: You need to consult with a lawyer to examine the deed. If you and your mother own the home as joint tenants with right of survivorship, her interest would pass to you automatically, but it will cost you 4% inheritance tax on her portion. If you own the home as tenants in common, her interest would pass through her estate. If you are the sole child, it would come to you, but be subject to the same inheritance tax. If you are not the sole child, her half would go to you and the other asiblings unless there is a Will which leaves it to you. If there is no mortage, you should discuss with a lawyer if it makes sense to convey the entire property to you to get her name off the deed. There is a one year look-back period, but, if she lives, you will avoid the inheritance tax. If there is a mortgage, you would likely need to re-finance as part of such a conveyance unless the bank would agree to release her from the mortgage and permit a conveyance to you subject to the mortgage. You need a lawyer to help you sort this out.
Q. My parents have passed away, my dad wanted me and my husband to have the house, no mortgage , no will.
A: In the absence of there being a formal written agreement, the house passes equally to you and your siblings from the estate. Thus, they can force the estate to sell the house or for you to buy the house from the estate. You might be entitled to recover allocable shares of the costs from the proceeds of the sale.
Q. I'm sorry maybe Miss worded it incorrectly when the adjuster gives me the check for the total loss of my car they say
A: You would be best advised to show the check to a lawyer before endorsing it. As a general proposition, the check should clearly state that it is a settlement for property damages only and that all claims for bodily injury are reserved and preserved.
Q. I was at a red light on a highway when a gentleman came flying behind me never tried breaking swerving hit me my car is
A: I am not sure what your question is. The adjustment of your property loss is separate from a claim for personal injury. Any medical bills should be submitted to your first party benefits coverage, if you have that, under your automobile insurance. If you have no first party benefits, then submit to your health insurance. You need to consult a lawyer to discuss a suit for your personal injuries.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
2030 W. Tilghman St.
Suite 105
Allentown, PA 18104
Telephone: (610) 434-7138
Cell: (610) 657-7138
Fax: (610) 434-6020