Free Consultation: (336) 993-5955Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lynn Ellen Coleman

Lynn Ellen Coleman

  • Arbitration & Mediation, Bankruptcy, Collections ...
  • North Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A

I offer personal, compassionate assistance with debt and consumer law issues.

Practice Areas
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
Video Conferencing
  • Google Hangouts
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free online or telephone consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Debit cad only for bankruptcy. Credit card (all major cards) for other areas.
  • Contingent Fees
    For certain consumer law cases only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I offer flat fees, contingency fees, and hourly fees depending upon the nature of the case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
St. Mary's University School of Law
J.D. | Law
St. Mary's University School of Law Logo
Trinity University
B.S. | History, Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
55 Questions Answered
Q. If my contractor is not finished by the end date, can I terminate his employment?
A: This is impossible to answer without a review of the entire contract. 6-8 weeks is pretty vague. There are no doubt other terms of the contract. Any attorney who would say "yes" is letting you, a non attorney, interpret what part of the contract is important and what part is not important. Take the contract to an attorney for review and an informed opinion.
Q. I have been served with a civil summons that needs a written response and im not sure what i am supposed to be writing.
A: You have to either admit or deny each paragraph of the Complaint. You also need to plead any affirmative defenses that you may have. If you are being sued for a debt, I suggest you speak to an attorney experienced in those matters for specific advice. You may have legal defenses that you are not aware of. Please keep in mind that economic hardship is generally not a legal defense to a lawsuit for debt.
Q. House is headed for foreclosure and wife won’t speak to me. How can I sell house to avoid losing $$
A: It sounds like you are separated from her. The only way possible would be to file for "equitable distribution" and the Court could enter an Order requiring her to cooperate with the disposal of any marital assets. Otherwise, you cannot force her to sell. You should get an equitable distribution or separation agreement in place for your own protection.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
243 West Mountain St
Telephone: (336) 993-5955
Fax: (336) 793-9102
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: By Appointment Only, No Drop In Hours
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.