John W. Chambers Jr

John W. Chambers Jr

Chambers, Chambers & Chambers, LLP
  • Business Law, Estate Planning, Gov & Administrative Law ...
  • Georgia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

John W. Chambers, Jr. is a graduate of Emory University and Emory University School of Law. He graduated with distinction from the Emory University School of Law in 1979 with a Doctor of Law degree and was a member of the Order of the Coif. John W. Chambers, Jr. has an AV (R) Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Rating. ("CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies."

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Gov & Administrative Law
    Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Chambers, Chambers & Chambers, LLP
- Current
Emory University School of Law
Honors: Graduated with Distinction. Member of Order of the Coif.
Emory University School of Law Logo
Emory University
B.A | Psychology
Honors: Psychology Honor Society
Emory University Logo
Professional Associations
Estate Planning Council of North Georgia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Georgia State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Georgia Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
118 Questions Answered
Q. What's the difference between setting up a health care directive to carry out my medical wishes if I become unable to
A: In an advance directive for health, the principal (i.e., the person who executes the document) may appoint an agent to make health care decisions. If he appoints an agent, then the advance directive is a medical power of attorney. Another type of power of attorney is a financial power of attorney whereby the principal appoints an agent and grants the agent various powers to conduct financial transactions. In Georgia, it is common for a person to have both an advance directive for health care and a financial power of attorney as part of his or her estate planning. This response is intended to provide general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship. You should consult with an estate planning attorney if you have questions. ... Read More
Q. Dad passed away in Cobb County. Brother & I are co executors. Can my brother renounce this as he is out of state?
A: Your brother may renounce his right to serve, and unless your father named a successor co-executor, you could serve as the sole executor. The renunciation must be in a writing signed by your brother and his signature must be notarized. The renunciation must be filed with the probate court. Renunciation of the right to serve as executor should not have any effect on life insurance. You would have to review the provisions of the Will to see if it had any effect on any of the gifts. The executor generally is entitled to receive compensation for services as executor, and if your brother renounces his right to serve, he would forego his right to receive compensation for serving as executor. If you renounce your right to receive compensation, then it would not matter. This response is designed to provide general information only and not legal advice about your particular situation. It does not establish an attorney client relationship. ... Read More
Q. I am named executor of my Fathers will. My Father had a business I am expected to sell. Do I have to probate the will.
A: I recommend that you seek the advice of a probate attorney. If a decedent's business is part of his estate and the decedent had a will, the person named as executor in the will would need to probate the will and petition the probate court to be appointed executor. What the executor may do with a business which is an estate asset depends on the provisions of the will and applicable law. You would need to have a probate attorney review all the pertinent facts to be able to properly advise you on this matter. Good luck.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
2250 N Druid Hills Rd NE
Suite 243
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: (404) 325-9970
Telephone: (404) 325-9970
Fax: (404) 325-5402
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.