Free Consultation: (404) 760-0500Tap to Call This Lawyer
John S LaRose

John S LaRose

  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Immigration Law
  • Georgia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Formation
    Immigration Law
    Citizenship, Immigration Appeals, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Written
Georgia State University College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Georgia State University College of Law Logo
Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge
Ph.D. | French and Comparative Literature
Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge Logo
Websites & Blogs
Girardot & Associates - Real estate law
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered
Q. Im in Atlanta can a person be placed on child support without being in court and if not who can that person talk to
A: In Georgia the father of any child is obligated by law to support his children, whether or not he has legitimated the children. To modify any child support order, you must file a petition with the court. You should retain a good family law attorney.
Q. Will the father have to pay child support
A: Yes. His obligation to pay child support is separate from any rights he may or may not have.
Q. Can a surviving spouse will property even though he/she wasnt on the deed & there was no will from the deceased?
A: Probate is necessary to clear title to real property in Georgia, unless all the heirs can go to the court and ask it to issue letters of administration without probate. Letters of administration are what will be needed to transfer title.

In Georgia if a person dies without a will and is survived by a spouse and children, the spouse and children take equal shares, except that the spouse never gets less than a third. The spouse can renounce her share by doing so in writing within nine months. The property will then go entirely to the children.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Girardot & Associates P.C.
24 Lenox Pointe
Telephone: (404) 760-0500
Fax: (404) 760-0800
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.