Jennifer Melissa Azure

Jennifer Melissa Azure

  • Criminal Law, Juvenile Law, DUI & DWI
  • Washington
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • DUI & DWI
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Washington State Bar  # 30494
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Azure Law Office Website
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. can i own a firearm if i have stayed out of trouble from 3/7/2006 with a vucsa : possession w/intent to manufacture
A: You cannot possess a firearm unless you have had that right restored by a court of law. However, if you have no other history, based upon those charges and the length of time, you may very well be eligible to restore your rights pursuant to RCW 9.41.047 Restoration of possession rights. Best of luck to you!
Q. What would be my next step after a judge refused to properly inform me of all the elements in my charge?
A: Understanding you do not wish to have an attorney represent you, based upon your question I would recommend your next step be to speak with an attorney to explain the process. The Court has not charged you with a crime, the prosecution has. The Court is required to advise defendants of their rights at arraignment, ensure that the true name and date of birth are provided and go through the elements of the crime - which usually will name either the City or the County and in the State of Washington. You may have received a copy of the charging documents which should allege the elements of the charged crime, including jurisdiction. It is unclear what you mean by your statement that you are "not seeking legal advice, I'm seeking legal intent". If you weren't looking for legal advice you would not be on here asking questions about how to proceed next. There may be an issue with your case, but I would suggest you contact an attorney in your jurisdiction or county to fully discuss and review the discovery. Best of luck to you, Jennifer
Q. can an off duty cop from a neighboring county detain me and run my name then search me? Isn't that an illegal search?
A: The easy answer...It depends. A licensed law enforcement officer is authorized to perform their duties even when they’re off duty. These cases are highly factually specific. It depends upon the contact that was made and the situation that surrounded that initial contact. So when that officer ran your name and discovered a warrant, they have an obligation to make sure you were the correct person, determine whether or not it was a valid warrant and if so arrest you. The fact that the warrant was out of a different county probably doesn't matter as law enforcement officers are able to enforce orders out of other jurisdictions. (For example... if the officer was out of Benton, you were in Franklin and the warrant was out of Adams, the officer can still enforce the law.) Based upon that arrest, the officer does have the right to search your person incident to arrest. You may have an argument depending upon the circumstances surrounding the contact and the search of your backpack. Again, these cases are very factually specific. If it was a bad contact, then all evidence could be tossed. You should talk to an attorney regarding the facts you have provided and the officer's report. There may be some issues in your case that a skilled attorney can help you with on your case.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Azure Law Office, PLLC
7135 W. Hood Pl.
Kennewick, WA 99336
Telephone: (509) 491-3941
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.