Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
8 Questions Answered
- Q. Can I represent myself in exponging my felony? Is there a probone service
- A: I notice some time has passed since you posted this question, so I don't know if you've gotten an answer to your question yet, but here goes. You could, but I wouldn[t advise it. The expungement statute in Michigan is pretty detailed and though you may be sharp enough to do procedure yourself, there's no substitute for experience. As far as pro bono services, you might want to try your local legal office and see if that's something they will undertake for you. If you want to give it a whirl yourself the expungement statute is MCL 780.621.
- Q. If someone offered me money for sexual favors and i blackmailed them for money is that illegal
- A: In Michigan the offense is called extortion, but the answer is yes. MCL 750.213 states: Any person who shall, either orally or by a written or printed communication, maliciously threaten to accuse another of any crime or offense, or shall orally or by any written or printed communication maliciously threaten any injury to the person or property or mother, father, husband, wife or child of another with intent thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatever, or with intent to compel the person so threatened to do or refrain from doing any act against his will, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 20 years or by a fine of not more than 10,000 dollars.
- Q. Am i responsible for someone else energy bill when i have paid mine off? Not married, account not in my name.
- A: Given the brief explanation you provide the answer is 'of course not'. If there's something more than the minimal information you've provided, however, you should really contact an attorney and fully discuss what's going on with this.
Contact & Map