Free Consultation: (559) 443-2080Tap to Call This Lawyer
James L Miller

James L Miller

  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Grandparent's Rights
  • Child Visitation
  • Spousal Support
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free 30 minute consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I charge a flat fee (you pay once and never again). My fee is based on each individual case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
San Joaquin College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: 1st Year Student of the Year 2nd Year Student of the Year
Activities: Vice-President Student Body Association
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
American Bar Association (ABA)
Attorney Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Fresno County Bar Association
Attorney Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. CA FAMILY. .. I just received a final order after hearing....
A: There are not enough facts to give an informed response but I will try to hit some of the high lights.

The most important question is when did this all happen? If it was within the last 6 months you may be able to file a motion to set aside the order on the grounds of no service. If you are still represented you can ask you attorney to do that for you.

Did you tell your attorney you no longer needed his/her services? If you did you should have signed a Substitution of Attorney.

Does the Court have your current address? You are required to keep your address updated with the Court.

Contact an attorney in you area (many, such as myself, offer free consultations) and let them review your file.

Best of luck.
... Read More
Q. How much child support money does a child gets if the faher makes 3, 040 a month
A: There are several more factors that go into calculating child support, i.e. custody arrangement, what is the income of the other parent and the list goes on.

Here is a link to the CA Child Support Calculator:

Good luck.
Q. My boyfriend has filed ex parte for custody of our 1 year old son. How likely is it for him to get it?
A: Ex-parte applications are for normally for emergency purposes. There are not enough facts here to give an informed response. You don't say the basis for the ex-parte (why is your boyfriend filing) Is the child in danger? Are there alcohol/drugs involved?

Please provide more information either online or offline.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of James L. Miller
1901 Fulton St., Ste. 110
Fresno, CA 93721
Telephone: (559) 443-2080
Fax: (559) 892-1200
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.