We focus on prompt responses on a human level to clients' legal needs. We have had forty years experience in a broad range of legal issues involving individuals, small businesses and real estate developers. We work with individual property owners to develop, sell and purchase residential and commercial property.
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
Credit Cards Accepted
I can often quote a flat fee for a service when all the facts are known.
Contingent fees are usually only applicable in personal injury cases.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We develop our fees based on the seriousness and complexity of the matter but also the benefit to be obtained for the client.
- James L. Mayer, PA
- - Current
- Currently practicing in my own firm which has continued for 32 years. I represent businesses such as RealStreet Staffing, EFI Group, LLC, Pizza Hut of Maryland, Inc. , S&W Management, Inc., Land Marketing Consultants, Inc., Trinity Homes, Inc. and various individuals engaged in development and management of real property. Our attorneys represent clients in probate, estate administration, estate planning, business litigation, employment matters and general business issues. Real estate remains a large part of our practice, mainly in development of property.
- Mayer & Williams, PA
- After leaving Talkin and Abramson, I formed my firm with Joseph T. Williams. Our firm continued its focus on business and corporate work for varied clients, litigation, estate planning, probate/estate administration, real estate and representation of individuals for their personal legal needs.
- Talkin & Abramson
- Began as an associate attorney working for Howard County businesses such as Ryland Group, Columbia Association, The Columbia Bank. I was also involved in estate planning and estate administration. In 1983 I was admitted as a partner to the firm.
- Law Offices of George W. McManus
- Worked as an associate attorney for a seasoned attorney in estate planning, estate administration, real estate, business and a general practise of law.
- Johns Hopkins University
- B.S. (1975) | Business
- Honors: Wall Street Journal Award
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- J.D. (1974) | Law
- Honors: Am Jur award in Future Interests
- Maryland State Bar Association