James J Bagley

James J Bagley

  • Criminal Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • Massachusetts, Rhode Island
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Rhode Island
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Rhode Island Assocation for Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered
Q. How can I remove the nonbiological father from a birth certificate?
A: You should speak with the state office of Family Services or Child Support Services. I am not saying you need either of their help, but they are familiar with the specific processes of amending and updating birth certificates and they should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Q. If I have a blanket child support which will end in 2014 when my younger son will turn 18, should I be worried?
A: What are you worried about? When your son turns 18 the non-custodial parent no longer has to pay support to the custodial parent. Are you custodial or non-custodial?

In a situation where a child has disabilities support may be continued further than that. I'd need more information from you in order to determine what you might be worrying about.
Q. If a divorce decree states the child can be claimed on Odd years does that mean tax year or filing year
A: Ir probably means tax year. IE- 2013, 2015, etc. If you are unsure you may want to speak with the attorney who drafted the decree prior to it being entered as an order.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Whaley, Bowie & Bagley LLC
127 Dorrance Street
4th Floor
Providence, RI 02903
Telephone: (401) 454-7700
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.