- Divorce, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence ...
- Alabama, Missouri
Jacy was born and raised in Illinois. She graduated from Southeastern Louisiana University with a B.A. in Psychology and a minor in Criminal Justice. After joining the United States Air Force, she earned her law degree from Southern Illinois University School of Law. Prior to joining the firm in 2018, Jacy practiced at The Schechter Law Firm, P.C., in St. Louis, Missouri, primarily handling complex divorce matters. She is licensed to practice law in both Missouri and Alabama.
Since 2012, Jacy has served as a legal professional in the Air National Guard and works tirelessly to protect the interests of veterans, whether she’s in or out of uniform. Although she handles a wide array of legal issues at our firm, she is also a certified Guardian ad Litem, representing the interests of juveniles in delinquency cases and custody disputes all over the state.
Jacy has presented several Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses, including “Morality Impediments to Intellectual Property Rights” (2016), “Practicing Law During a Pandemic” (2020), “Protecting your Legacy through Estate Planning” (2020), “Lawfully Speaking: A Panel Discussion on COVID-19 & the Law” (2020), “Client Myths and Misconceptions in Family Law” (2020), and she coordinated and moderated a Birmingham Bar Association panel discussion, entitled “Defending Against the Department of Human Resources” (2021). Jacy has also authored a blog entitled, “Why the Division of Debt in Divorce is Just as Important as the Division of Assets” (2019).
In addition to her work as a multi-practice advocate, Jacy has served as Treasurer for the Black Women Lawyers Association of Alabama, Family Law Committee Chair for the Birmingham Bar Association, and is an active member of the Junior League of Birmingham.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Criminal Law
- Drug Crimes, Expungement, Gun Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Municipal Law
- Alabama State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Alabama State Bar  # 1011S44H
- Gregory Varner & Associates, P.C.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.