Jacques Matagne Dulin50 years of Transforming Ideas Into Assets
- Intellectual Property, Patents, Trademarks ...
- US Patent and Trademark Office, Washington
Former Patent Office Examiner and Federal Patent Court Law Clerk where he attended over 400 oral arguments and wrote over 90 opinions on patent cases. Mr. Dulin’s practice covers all phases of IP law and strategy and business consultation, principally in trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, and in advertising, promotions and publishing law. Mr. Dulin has worked with a wide variety of major companies and Universities on patent drafting and prosecution, IP litigation and IP licensing and technology acquisition projects, including all phases of due diligence, negotiations and drafting of licensing and acquisition agreements. His patent prosecution work has included drafting and prosecuting over 500 patents, both US and foreign.
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Appeals, Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
ILG provides high quality IP legal services at half the cost of typical large or boutique city firms, while providing fast response, being on fiber optic broad band and handling all filings and communications with the US Patent and Trade Mark Office electronically. ILG has a network of foreign associates with which it has worked for over 15 years, handling PCT and National Stage filings electronically. We work with Solid Works e-drawings. All advance retainers are deposited in IOLTA trust account, and we have a detailed engagement letter which provides full disclosure to clients, including Cost Estimate Guidelines.
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- 8th Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Innovation Law Group, Ltd.
- - Current
- His extensive experience in patent prosecution, litigation and IP transactions is the foundation for his strategic approach to patent drafting, prosecution and licensing. Few if any clients can afford worldwide patent protection for every new development or idea. Thus, selection of the strategically important inventions is the key to a dynamically useful IP program. Mr. Dulin works with client management and inventors to abstract the key industry gateway concepts. Applications and claims are drafted with an eye to licensing opportunities and who in the chain of commerce relating to the invention might infringe, in order to maximize the business asset value of the invention. A prime example is the Dynetics Engineering VIS IP program, in which patents covering card carriers and methods of verification returned 10 to 1 more royalty than patents on the card insertion machine, over $30 Million vs about $3 Million.
- The George Washington University Law School
- J.D. (1966) | Law with emphasis on IP law
- Honors: Awarded JD degree; Order of the Coif (top 10% of class); Van Vleck Moot Court Competition winner; ASCAP's Nathan Burkan Memorial Compeition, First Prize paper on copyright law.
- Activities: Law Review, Patent Research Editor; Amicus Curiae newspaper.
- University of Chicago
- B.S. (1957) | Biochemistry
- Honors: DuPont Fellow
- Pro Bono Publico Award
- Washington State Bar Association
- Recognition of donating 50 - 150 hrs of legal service to low income or disadvantaged clients annually from 2005 - date.
- Clallam Networks Olympic Leader
- Clallam County Economic Development Council
- Created the Guided Access Process program for teaching entrepreneurs the steps from idea to operating business, which program was awarded a grant of $300,000 by the NorthWest Area Foundation. This grant funded the operation of the CC EDC Business Incubator for over 3 years.
- California State Bar  # 123897
- - Current
- Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association and as Chair of the High Technology Law Section of the Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Activities: President of the Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association and as Chair of the High Technology Law Section of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, which has over 500 members. He has published and given many presentations on legal issues in the field of Intellectual Property
- Registered Patent Attorney, Reg. # 24,067
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, US Government, Dept. of Commerce
- Innovation Law Group, Ltd Transforming Ideas Into Business Assets
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.