Ingrid attended Seattle University School of Law, receiving her Juris Doctorate degree in May of 2015. In law school, she served as the secretary for the Latinx Law Student Association and dedicated her time to helping communities in need through volunteering and internships with The Defender Association Dependency Department, Northwest Justice Project’s foreclosure assistance program, the Legal Action Center in Seattle, and Snohomish County Legal Services.
After law school, Ingrid received the prestigious 2015 Goldmark Equal Access to Justice internship, and worked at The STAR Project (Successful Transition & Reentry) in Walla Walla, helping recently released felons reduce their legal financial obligation (LFOs) debt. She planned and moderated a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) conference centered around LFOs, which featured presentations by Washington State Supreme Court Justice Sheryl Gordon McCloud, King County Superior Court Judge Theresa Doyle, and ACLU attorney Prachi Dave (the attorney who argued the landmark Blazina case).
After her impactful work in Walla Walla, Ingrid moved to Olympia and volunteered with the Northwest Justice Project’s Driver Relicensing Program while she took the bar exam.
Ingrid began practicing law in 2016 as a family law attorney, and recently joined DeWitt Law, PLLC, as an associate attorney. She also represents children in dependency proceedings, and offers mediation services.
Ingrid is fluent in Spanish and uses this skill to help those with low English proficiency in her practice and as a regular volunteer at the Thurston County Volunteer Legal Services’ legal clinic.
Currently, she is the Young Lawyer Section Chair for the Thurston County Bar Association, where she connects young and new lawyers in Thurston County with resources to be successful in their practice.
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Seattle University School of Law
- J.D. (2015) | Juris Doctorate, Law Degree
- California State University - San Francisco State University
- B.A. (2010) | Criminal Justice
- Thuston County Bar Association
- Young Lawyer Section Chair
- - Current
- Washington State Bar Association # 51459
- - Current
- TCBA - Family Law Section
- - Current
- Latino/a Law Student Association
- Secretary (2014) and Member
- Legal Financial Obligations, After Blazina - Blog
- Legal Foundation of Washington
- No Closure on Foreclosure: The Crisis Isn't Over, Social Justice Monday, Seattle University School of Law
- Seattle Universty, Acces to Justice
- Approximate date.
- Legal Financial Obligations (LFOs) - Moderator, CLE, Walla Walla, WA
- STAR Project
- Guardian ad Litem
- Thurston County Guardian Ad Litem Training
- Private Mediator (offer mediations in Spanish, as well).
- 40-hour Mediation Training - Dispute Resolution Center