Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Trade Secret
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I've drafted, filed and prosecuted patents for technology involving nuclear reactors, medical isotopes, agricultural equipment, hunting and fishing devices, pillow cases and many other technologies, Patent Law is a speciality meaning that a separate License must be obtained from the United States Of America Department of Commerce which requires the applicant to have a scientific background including education - my background includes a BS Electronic Engineering and work at the Nevada Test Site on Nuclear Reactor Rocket Development and Nuclear Weapons Testing.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Gonzaga University School of Law
- J.D. (1976) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Law Review "Relative Contribution Among Tortfeasors: Time for Judicial Change or the Washington Rule?"
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- MBA (1971) | Master of Business Administration
- University of New Mexico
- B.S. (1964) | Electrical Engineering
- Washington State Bar  # 6888
- - Current
3 Questions Answered
- Q. Is my movie streaming application at risk of copyright infringement?
- A: Streaming is not allowed unless the streamer/streaming company has authorization by the copyright owner. Without authorization the streaming is Copyright Infringement.
- Q. If I had an idea for a new product but could not afford the cost of a patent , I sent myself a post office sealed
- A: No. It will not help. Patents do not protect "ideas" - The only thing that is protected is the "structure" that allows the "idea" to work. The structure is the thing that is protected. What is subject to Patent Protection? it is a new structure that does something. There are many lawn sprinkler inventions. a new lawn sprinkler "structure" is subjection to Patent Protection. The Patent Examiner searches to see if the "identical" structure has already been invented or searches to see if existing inventions/patents "teach" the next inventor to do make an improvement. If the existing inventions/patents "teach" the making of the structure you are thinking of then your new structure is "Obvious" and will be rejected. Call a patent attorney.
- Q. How can I reach a trademark owner in regards to purchasing their mark?
- A: Go to USPTO.gov, select Trademark and search for the mark. Information at the search results will include the name of the owner of the mark, which may be a person or a company, along with an address. Also disclosed will be the attorney who prosecuted the trademark application. The attorney may be a contact but who may consider the contact information a matter of attorney client privilege. Floyd E. Ivey, Registered Patent Attorney, Trademark, Copyright, Licensing email@example.com 509 9480943
Contact & Map