Floyd Edwin Ivey
- Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual Property ...
Floyd Ivey completed his BS in Electronic Engineering in 1962. was Commissioned as an Officer in the US Navy and served as the E Division Officer on the aircraft carrier USS Hornet with service in the Sea of Japan and in the South China Sea during the Cold War seeing contacts with Russian Man Of War ships and Russian Badger bombers. Then following the Navy Ivey was an Electronic Engineer with Edgerton, Germeshausen, and Grier (later renamed EG&G Inc.) working with projects at the Nevada Test Site including NERVA(Nuclear Reactor for Interplanetary Space Travel at Jackass Flats Nevada) and Special Weapons Testing at Frenchman's Flats Nevada. Ivey completed his Master of Business Administration in 1971 and then attended Law School at Gonzaga Law School in Spokane Washington completing his Juris Doctor in 1976. He worked with MacGillivary Jones Law Fire in Spokane and thereafter joined Loney, Westland, Sonderman and Egan becoming a partner in 1979. In 1990 Ivey studied for and was licensed as a Registered Patent Attorney in 1992 and has prepared, filed and prosecuted Patent Applications for technologies including Nuclear Power, Medical Isotopes, Food Processing, Fishing, Agriculture, Sports, Electronics, Chemical/Medical, Construction and in other fields.
Attorney Ivey is available in his office 10 - 6 Mon - Fri and by appointment during other hours and on weekends. Ivey's practice has involved litigation in most fields and has found that the conflict and argument encountered in State and Federal Courts has been precisely beneficial in meeting arguments submitted by Patent Examiners in refuting and overcoming their rejection of Patent Claims.
Ivey has served as Arbitrator and has pursued Intellectual Property disputed by Arbitration and in State and Federal Court.
Ivey is generally available at cell 509 948 0943 and at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patent Appeals, Patent Litigation, Patent Prosecution
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Intellectual Property
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Trade Secret
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I've drafted, filed and prosecuted patents for technology involving nuclear reactors, medical isotopes, agricultural equipment, hunting and fishing devices, pillow cases and many other technologies, Patent Law is a speciality meaning that a separate License must be obtained from the United States Of America Department of Commerce which requires the applicant to have a scientific background including education - my background includes a BS Electronic Engineering and work at the Nevada Test Site on Nuclear Reactor Rocket Development and Nuclear Weapons Testing.
- 9th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Gonzaga University School of Law
- J.D. (1976) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Law Review "Relative Contribution Among Tortfeasors: Time for Judicial Change or the Washington Rule?"
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- MBA (1971) | Master of Business Administration
- University of New Mexico
- B.S. (1964) | Electrical Engineering
- Washington State Bar  # 6888
- - Current
- Q. Can I pickup thus trademark if it’s dead
- A: It may show as dead because of a error in the calendar. A trademark attorney will have to review the history of the mark for information suggestive of your use as a good or a bad idea. You may be infringing if the renewal failure was an oversight. See an attorney.
- Q. Trademark certificate has Disclaimer what does it mean?
- A: That means you can't stop others from using the generic words except when selling the goods you sell when using the same or similar trademark phrase.
- Q. The one word title for my intended novel is the same as a published U.S. 4 book series. Could I be infringing trademark?
- A: Titles are not protected.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.