D. Douglas Grubbs has been helping victims of defective products since early 2004 when he assisted with a nationwide Fen-Phen docket comprising more than 7,000 injured men and women. From 2005 to 2008, Doug attended South Texas College of Law where he made the Dean’s Honor List. Throughout law school, Doug also clerked at a nationally recognized mass tort law firm in Houston.
After earning his jurisprudence doctorate in 2008, Doug accepted an associate position at a prominent East Texas law firm where he focused his practice on the firm’s national pharmaceutical and medical device dockets. During that time, Doug also advocated for those who had been injured as a result of negligent drivers, medical malpractice, and unsafe work premises. Mr. Grubbs returned to Houston in 2012, continuing to represent those wrongfully injured by negligent pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Doug’s diverse experience in products liability litigation allows him to quickly determine the merits of a potentially successful claim. He has also been involved in numerous facets of mass tort litigation including depositions, motion practice, written discovery, witness and trial preparation, as well as settlement negotiations.
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- Top 40 Under 40 - Civil Plaintiff
- The National Trial Lawyers
- In 2016, Doug was invited to join The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40. Membership is extended solely to a select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and public profile. Invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40.
- AV Preeminent Peer-Review Rating
- Martindale Hubbell
- In 2013, Doug joined a select group of lawyers recognized for their legal ability and professional ethical standards by receiving an AV® Preeminent Peer Review rating (a Martindale-Hubbell service). An AV® certification mark is a testament to the fact that Doug’s peers ranked him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Texas Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- In honor of his excellence in the practice of law, Doug has been recognized by his peers as a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Star (a Thomson Reuters service). This recognition is awarded to only 2.5% of emerging attorneys in Texas 40 years old or younger, or those who have been practicing law for 10 years or less.
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- - Current
- American Association for Justice
- - Current