Over 30 years experience in Estate Planning, Business Law and Company Formation, Asset Protection, Elder Law, Real Estate and Tax Planning.
Former Managing Partner at large Salt Lake City law firm.
Rated AV, the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell the pre-eminent lawyer ratings service.
Featured in Top 100 Utah Lawyers, Utah Business Magazine.
Law Practice with significant management experience in law, business and real estate.
Complex and simple estate planning, company formation, large and small business ventures and transactions, real estate transactions,1031 exchange transactions, business advising, and asset protection.
Frequent speaker at conferences on business, trust, estate planning and tax planning workshops and seminars.
Managed the largest private brownfield redevelopment and environmental remediation site in the country (former Geneva Steel near Provo, Utah) for nearly 5 years until returned to law practice.
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Real Estate Law
- 10th Circuit
- President and Founder
- Astill Law Firm
- - Current
- After 26 years with a large Salt Lake City firm, founded the Astill Law Firm to focus its practice in Estate Planning, Elder Law, Business and Company Formation, Real Estate and Tax Planning.
- Manager and General Counsel
- Anderson Geneva Development, Inc.
- Managed the largest private brownfield redevelopment project in the United States. Redevelopment of the former Geneva Steel site near Orem, Utah. Masterplan approved, 1000 acres remediated, Redevelopment Agency created, and over 250 acres redeveloped and sold over 5 year period.
- Managing Partner, shareholder, attorney, practice group manager
- Strong & Hanni, Law Firm
- Created Tax, Estate and Business Practice Group; Managed Firm for over 20 years growing from 8 lawyers to over 35 lawyers.
- Brigham Young University
- J.D. | Business, Tax, Estates
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Utah State University
- B.S. | Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Activities: Masters Research in Biochemistry
- Top 100 Lawyers, Estate Planning, Tax, Real Estate, Business
- Utah Business Magazine
- Utah State Bar  # 00140
- American Bar Association
- NBI Legal Education
- Speaker on Trusts, Estates, Wills, Probate, Limited Liability Companies
- - Current
- Activities: Frequent lecturer.
- Utah Bar Sections: Estate Planning, Business Law, Real Estate and Probate
- - Current
- Tax Section, Utah Bar