- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- UnitedHealth Group Inc. Shane v Humana Defended against certified nationwide physician class action asserting various ERISA and RICO claims. Won motion for summary judgment after co-defendants paid huge settlements. more
- Avon Products Roqueta v. Avon Products, Inc. Defeated class certification in a purported class action against Avon for alleged false advertising and deceptive practices in connection with its marketing of a skin care product. Plaintiff dismissed claims against Avon with prejudice.
- Arturo Otero Voting Rights Suit - Arthur Otero WGM represented Arturo Otero, a Hispanic citizen of Puerto Rican heritage and candidate who seeks to intervene in a voting rights suit against Osceola County, Florida. The US Department of Justice alleges that the at large system currently in place for electing the members of Osceola County’s Board of Commissioners violates Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act. Mr. Otero disagrees with that contention and sees the lawsuit and its objectives as greater hindrances to the exercise of political power by Hispanics. A separate suit challenges Kissimmee’s similar at-large system for electing its city commissioners.
- University of Pennsylvania
- Southern Methodist University
Articles & Publications
- Distressed Real Estate Seminar 2007 (25th Floor Conference Center, April 25, 2007) more
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map