Free Consultation: (772) 489-3600Tap to Call This Lawyer

Charles "Kip" Sinclair

Sinclair Law Offices
  • Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse, Personal Injury
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Aggressively representing victims of medical and hospital malpractice and nursing home abuse and their families for more than 30 years. Our goal is to hold doctors, hospitals, nurses and nursing home administrators responsible for their negligence and mistakes and pursue justice for our clients.

Practice Areas
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    You pay no fees or costs unless and until we win your case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sinclair Law Offices
- Current
University of Miami
J.D. (1976) | Law
Pennsylvania State University - University Park
B.A. (1969) | Journalism
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 0245364
Florida Justice Association
Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Martindale Hubbell
AV Rated
Trial Lawyer Board of Regents
Nominee for 2014 Litigator Award
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered

Q. can a surviving spouse sue for malpractice individually or must the deceased estate sue.I’m told only the estate
A: That's accurate. The estate is the entity that must bring the lawsuit. However, as surviving husband, you would most likely be the personal representative of the estate, and thus you would control things. Also, as the surviving spouse, you, through the estate, would have a claim for the loss of your wife. Sorry for your loss. A medical malpractice lawyer can guide you through this.
Q. How many times can a medical professional get a malpractice complaint before losing their license in Florida?
A: Florida has a "Three Strikes" rule, but to get a "strike," the doctor has to lose a malpractice trial and get a judgment against him. Claims don't count unless they go all the way to trial and the doctor loses. Settlements don't count either. Settlements have to be reported to both the Board of Medicine and the National Practitioner Data Bank, but unless the settlement amount is over $100,000, the public can't find out about it. And information from the National Practitioneer Data Bank is not available to the public, either. All verdicts against a health care professional must be reported to the Florida Board of Medicine. In my experience, it take a lot of convincing for the Board of Medicine to take any action against a doctor.
Q. I live in Crestview Florida I am currently in Orlando Florida which is 6 hours away in the hospital I think I have a
A: Your best bet is to get a lawyer in Orlando, since that's where the malpractice occurred and that's where any lawsuit would have to be filed.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
2164 Reserve Park Trace
Port St Lucie, FL 34986
Telephone: (772) 489-3600