Carey F. Kalmowitz is a founding partner of The Health Law Partners, P.C. Mr. Kalmowitz graduated from New York University Law School in 1994 and from Vassar College in 1989.
Mr. Kalmowitz was admitted to the Michigan Bar in 1994. He practices in all areas of healthcare law, with specific concentration on the corporate and financial aspects of healthcare, including structuring revenue-enhancing transactions among physicians and other healthcare providers, certificate of need, compliance investigations, corporate fraud and abuse/Stark and third party payment and reimbursement. In addition, Mr. Kalmowitz also practices in the following areas of health care law:
- Counsels physicians and physician groups on integration strategies, ancillary services, employment agreements, recruitment agreements, shareholder agreements, buy ins, buy outs, compliance, third party payor audits, and negotiating joint venture and hospital relationships.
- Advises healthcare providers regarding compliance matters including the Stark Law, Anti-kickback Statute and reimbursement regulations.
- Served as general counsel of major regional healthcare system, and has significant experience with the full spectrum of hospitals' legal issues.
- Assisted a variety of providers with certificate of need projects, including two replacement hospitals and numerous CT, MRI and ASC transactions.
- Advises long-term care facilities on compliance and business issues.
- Represents a variety of health care providers, including physicians, ambulatory surgery centers, long-term care facilities and durable medical equipment suppliers with a broad range of health care transactional issues.
Mr. Kalmowitz is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Society of Hospital Attorneys, the American Health Lawyer's Association, and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Kalmowitz has authored several articles in the heath care field.
- Health Care Law
- Compliance Investigations and Disclosures
- Fraud & Abuse/Stark
- Imaging Centers
- Joint Ventures and JOA
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Physician Organizations
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding Partner
- The Health Law Partners, P.C.
- Wachler & Associates, P.C.
- Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn, LLP
- New York University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Vassar College
- B.A. | Political Science
- Top Lawyer in Healthcare Law
- d'business magazine
- Outstanding Young Healthcare Lawyer
- Nightingale's Healthcare News
- Michigan State Bar # 51652
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Appropriate Use Criteria Proposals in the 2017 MPFS
- AHRA Link
- What is Renumeration? Consider Ameritox, Ltd. v. Millennium Laboratories, Inc.
- ABA Health eSource, Vol 11 No 9
- Providing Free Items/Services to Referring Physicians
- AHRA Link
- Recent Developments and Key Legal Issues Impacting Diagnostic Imaging Services, Part 1
- Radiology Management
- Recent Developments and Key Legal Issues Impacting Diagnostic Imaging Services, Part 2
- Radiology Management
- Healthcare/Real Estate Issues Primer
- NAI Farbman and it's hospital clients
- With Adrienne Dresevic and Clinton Mikel
- How to Align Without a Sale, Decision Health Physician-Hospital Alignment Strategies 2011, Las Vegas, NV
- Presented with Kathryn Hickner-Cruz, Esq.
- Enhancing Revenue While Remaining Compliant (in an Era of Declining Reimbursement for Physicians' Services), Building a Compliant Profitable Practice During Uncertain Times, Troy, MI
- Are You Ready? Pandemic and Infection Control and Diagnostic Imaging Arrangements - Key Legal Issues, 2009 AHRA New York/New Jersey Regional Membership Meeting
- The Radiology Practice of Tomorrow: How Traditional Practices Are Changing to Meet the Challenges of 21st Century Medicine, 2009 Fall Educational Conference
- Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA)
- Carey F. Kalmowitz's Website Profile
- The Health Law Partners, P.C. Website
- Health Law Attorney Blog
- Michigan Supreme Court: No-Fault Insurance Payments Made Directly to Medical Providers Can Continue
16 April 2019
- Electronic Case Adjudication and Processing Environment (ECAPE) Update
8 April 2019
- Per CMS, Stark Law Modifications Around the Corner
27 March 2019
- Robert S. Iwrey selected as a 2019 Leading Lawyer in Michigan for Health Law
8 March 2019
- OCR Sets New Enforcement Activity Record with 2018 Settlements Totaling $28.7 Million
6 March 2019
- March 1st Deadline for Reporting Small Health Care Data Breaches Approaches
28 February 2019
- California Passes Pharmacy Benefit Management Bill
13 February 2019
- SUPPORT Act Expands Reporting Responsibilities Required by the Sunshine Act
8 February 2019
- Courts Recognize Irreparable Injury Caused by Medicare Appeals Backlog
6 February 2019