Allen Hennesy is currently special counsel to Kean Miller's New Orleans office. He practices in the litigation, tax, estate planning, probate and business practice group. His practice includes complex commercial litigation, litigation management, estate planning, tax law, succession law, ERISA, probate and employment law.
Allen has practiced in federal and state courts, performed title work, drafted and completed sale of interest in Chalmette refinery to Venezuelan interests, probate and succession matters, drafted wills and trusts, title examinations and litigation involving a real estate lease for a major supermarket, supervised litigation and malpractice questions involving a continuing care community, construction litigation, environmental work to clear land for sale and work for Louisiana DEQ for a senior housing development, divorce litigation, settlement of community property, security fraud and general civil litigation and transactional work. He has handled securities fraud cases and taken them through the court of appeal with positive results and has represented clients in arbitration cases and litigation of commercial disputes.
The securities litigation which Allen brought to successful completion is in the reported case of Feiber v. Cassidy, 1998-0405 (La. App. 1 Cir. 12/28/98), 723 So. 2d 1101. He has practiced before the following courts: Louisiana State District Courts, Louisiana Appellate Courts, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Allen is rated AV in Martindale Hubbell.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Tax Law
- 5th Circuit
- Louisiana Appellate Courts
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- United State District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Special Counsel
- Kean Miller LLP
- Tulane University
- LL.B. | Law
- Louisiana State University
- AV Rating
- Martindale Hubbell
- Louisiana State Bar
- Tulane Moot Court Board
- New Orleans State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Notaries Association of New Orleans
- - Current
- C. Allen Hennesy's Website Profile
- Kean Miller LLP Website
- Louisiana Law Blog
- Recent Appellate Court Decision Sheds Light on Shareholder Remedies Under the Louisiana Business Corporation Act
17 May 2019
- Bill to Revise and Update the Louisiana Contractor’s Licensing Law moves through the Senate
15 May 2019
- Bill to Revise and Update the Louisiana Private Works Act Passes out of the House of Representatives
9 May 2019
- Deadline Set for Employers to Report Pay Data
6 May 2019
- Sharing is Not Caring: Copyright Violations in the Age of Email Distribution
3 May 2019
- Duty to Provide Appropriate Medical Care – An Unexpected Source of Liability for Jones Act Employers
10 April 2019
- Legislative Fix to Louisiana’s Risk Fee Act Coming Soon?
25 March 2019
- Don’t Throw Out Your Old Construction MSA Just Yet – LA Middle District Holds That the Date of the MSA Controls (Not the Date of the Work Order) For Purposes of Applying the Louisiana Construction Anti-Indemnity Act
22 March 2019
- Collection of Pay Data Coming Soon?
19 March 2019