Free Consultation: (631) 406-9799Tap to Call This Lawyer
Bruce McBrien

Bruce McBrien

Long Island Employment
  • Employment Law
  • New York
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Area
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U. S. District Court - Eastern District
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Wake Forest University
Wake Forest University Logo
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Logo
Fairfield University
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of New York  # 5154208
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Employment Lawyers Association/New York
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nassau County Bar Association
Activities: Labor and Employment Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
McBrien Law
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered
Q. I was terminated from a county job without being given the chance to refute the allegations from my former employer
A: If you are a state employee you should review your collective bargaining agreement to determine what steps should have been taken prior to your dismissal. It would be best to contact an employment attorney who understands civil service employment law and have them review the agreement with you. Usually an initial consultation is no charge.
Q. Forced to work for a second company for free
A: You should not be working for free. Your employer is required to pay you for every hour worked. You should let you know know what you are being paid per hour and how many hours you work every week.

You should speak with an employment attorney to make sure you are being paid properly. A reputable employment attorney will not charge you to listen to you describe your situation.
Q. If appointed in one area, but then taught in another, can I get tenure by estoppel before I am certified in the other?
A: The first question I would ask is if you are a member of a Union. If you are a member of a Union, the answer to your question is probably in your collective bargaining agreement. You should read it carefully or contact a labor attorney to review the agreement.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
140 Fell Court
Suite 305
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Telephone: (631) 406-9799
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.