Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Federal Circuit
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- University of North Texas
- State Bar of Texas # 24095088
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- - Current
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court
- Panelist, Legal Careers Presentation, Denton, TX
- University of North Texas PreLaw Program
Websites & Blogs
- Firm website
249 Questions Answered
- Q. how do i transfer a trademark I own to another company name
- A: You need to execute and record a trademark assignment. Any trademark attorney should be able to prepare this. I would note, before transferring the trademark, you must account for how the new owner will use the trademark. If not done correctly, the trademark could become abandoned.
- Q. What next if specimens for Declaration 8 & 9 are deficient and 10 years are up?
- A: You can submit a new application after your current registration is cancelled. Although, if the USPTO rejected your specimens for the renewal, it will also reject them for the new application. I recommend working with a trademark attorney to ensure you have acceptable specimens.
- Q. Would i be able to use the words "CHALLENGE YOUR MOUNTAIN" in companies tagline? And the image of my logo?
- A: A trademark attorney would need to do a bit of research to answer this question. If you want to know if you can trademark a name or logo, you should speak with a trademark attorney.
- Q. Would you please advise me if I can apply on-line to vacate a default judgment? Thanks a lot.
- A: No, you cannot apply to vacate a judgement online.
- Q. Ours is a partnership firm with 4 partners, based in India. We need to register our Trademark with USPTO. Pls. guide
- A: The fee to file an application electronically is $225 or $275 depending on the filing status. You will also need to pay an attorney to file the application. The attorneys fees can vary, but will generally be less than $1000. The estimated time to complete a registration is 18 months. I recommend speaking with a US trademark attorney to plan out how to establish your trademark rights in the US.
- Q. I live in TX, but am buying a property in KY with a newly formed KY LLC. Do I need to qualify the LLC in Texas?
- A: There are specific requirements governing when a business entity must register to conduct business in Texas. An attorney would need to know all the facts about the business to answer this question. The address of the business is not the registered agent's office. Typically, the business address is listed in its formation documents. If it is not, the business may not have been set up properly.
- Q. How do I know if I can ignore a cease and desist letter regarding trademark infringement?
- A: Its never a good idea to completely ignore cease and desist letter. At the least, you should consult with an attorney on whether there is any merit to the letter. Doing nothing could make the situation worse by subjecting you to being accused of willfully infringing a trademark, which could increase the amount of money the other side could recover.
- Q. do I need a music licence to play music spotify in the restaurant i own?
- A: Yes, you must have a license to play streaming audio publicly.
- Q. Do you think it is safe to file a Counter Notification against someone who filed a false DMCA Takedown on A Youtube Vid?
- A: You could have an attorney file the counter notice for you if you are concerned about distributing your contact information.
Contact & Map