Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Federal Circuit
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- University of North Texas
- State Bar of Texas # 24095088
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- - Current
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court
- Panelist, Legal Careers Presentation, Denton, TX
- University of North Texas PreLaw Program
Websites & Blogs
- Firm website
257 Questions Answered
- Q. Do you think it is safe to file a Counter Notification against someone who filed a false DMCA Takedown on A Youtube Vid?
- A: You could have an attorney file the counter notice for you if you are concerned about distributing your contact information.
- Q. Would you please advise me if I can apply on-line to vacate a default judgment? Thanks a lot.
- A: No, you cannot apply to vacate a judgement online.
- Q. do I need a music licence to play music spotify in the restaurant i own?
- A: Yes, you must have a license to play streaming audio publicly.
- Q. Is it ok to trademark the name of my greeting card company with the words greeting card in it.
- A: An attorney would need to review the trademark and how you use it in commerce to answer this question. Generally speaking, you cannot register words that are descriptive of the goods or services. If descriptive words are paired with other distinctive words, you may be able to register the mark as a whole, but disclaim the descriptive words. Using your example, you could include "greeting card" within a trademark with other distinctive elements, but you could not exclude other greeting card companies from using the words "greeting card" to describe their products.
- Q. Trademark issue from previous owner?
- A: Do you have a written agreement that shows he agreed to assign the trademark to you? If so, enforcing the agreement may be the easiest option.
- Q. When trademarking a brand name, can a colon or hyphen be incorporated within the name?
- A: Yes, special characters can be incorporated into a trademark.
- Q. I need to why is my trademark logo status is saying abandoned, when I payed for the trademark
- A: You cannot buy a trademark. The fee just permits you to file the application. The fee does not guarantee that the application will result in a trademark registration. Common reasons for abandonment are failure to respond to an office action and failure to submit evidence of use. An attorney would need to review your specific application to determine why it is abandoned.
- Q. Hi Lawyer,I'm from Vietnam and working for a Vietnamese Company now.We want to register 3 trademarks in US.
- A: An attorney would need to know more about the goods and services associated with the potential trademarks. You should speak with a US trademark attorney in a confidential consultation.
- Q. How would I go about trade marking Build A Blunt?
- A: You should speak with a trademark attorney in a confidential conversation. It may be possible. An attorney would need to know more about your business.
Contact & Map