Free Consultation: (732) 827-5770Tap to Call This Lawyer

Andrew John Economos

  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence
  • New Jersey
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

My practice area includes all aspects of family law and divorce including custody, parenting time, child support, alimony, and equitable distribution of assets and liabilities. I also represents individuals involved in domestic violence disputes, both those seeking to obtain a restraining order, and those defending against one. Additionally, I handle all aspects of post-judgment litigation including modifications of alimony and child support, modifications of parenting time, payment of college expenses and requests of a custodial parent to relocate from the State of New Jersey. I am certified by the Superior Court of New Jersey to handle mediation and conciliatory matters and have served as an Early Settlement Panelist in Middlesex County.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Seton Hall University School of Law
J.D. (2004)
Seton Hall University School of Law Logo
University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
B.A. (2001)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar # 024552004
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered

Q. Hello, how long would it take for me to finalize my divorce. DOCKET # FM-07-002811-18-D
A: There is no set time frame on how long it should take. The courts strive to have your matter concluded within 12 months, but that may not be realistic depending upon the complexities of each case, coupled with the number of cases in a particular county (Essex is notorious for having heavy case load given it's population). With that said, you really should not go two months without communication with your attorney. I would suggest you send a quick email or phone call to your attorney seeking a status update of your case. Best of luck!
Q. Hello. I’ve received a motion from my ex husband to lower child support and I need to know how to respond
A: If you are able, I would first suggest that you contact an experienced family law attorney to assist you. I have seen it too many times where a litigant attempts to go it alone and receives an unsatisfactory outcome, only then to seek out the assistance of counsel. By that point, it is often too late for the attorney to have any realistic shot of reversing the Judge's decision. The moral of this is that it is often cheaper to hire an attorney to deal with it in the first place, then to hire one after the fact to try to undo what has already been done. If hiring an attorney is not an option, there are services available at the courthouse and online to assist self-represented litigants fill out the necessary forms and serve and file them in accordance with the court rules. Best of luck!
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Economos Law Office
15 Prospect Lane, Suite B-2
Telephone: (732) 827-5770