The A.W. Smith Law Firm P.C.
The AW. Smith Law Firm, P.C. works hard for clients in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Attorney A.W. Smith's own personal experience with family tragedy motivates him to do right by clients. When he was just 12, Smith's own father died in a tragic farming accident in Blackwater, Missouri. The firm's attorneys protect mid-Missouri, one case at a time. The Columbia law firm represents Midwest victims of motor vehicle accidents, including those caused by driving while talking or texting. The firm also handles cases involving construction and workplace injuries, medical malpractice, birth and brain injuries, dog bites, product liability, and slip-and-fall incidents. He is recognized by his legal peers with an 'AV' rating, and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of trial lawyers who have obtained million dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients.
Some law firm clients have been awarded six-figure and multi-million dollar jury verdicts and settlements. This includes a $14.67 million jury award against the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission's Department of Transportation.
Attorney Smith makes it a priority to give back to the community. The A.W. Smith Law Firm, P.C. hosted a Child Safety Day for kids and families at its offices. The law firm's charitable giving focuses on making local children, families, and those who are ill a priority, with contributions to the Joplin Family Y Tornado Relief Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Columbia, Take Care of My Kids Foundation, Pink Pursuit for Cancer, American Cancer Society, and more.
- Arron Herring of St. Louis Missouri Dies Tragically of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning from Exposure at a Moberly Airport
14 February 2019
- Oak Grove Missouri Mother and Daughter Seriously Injured by a Wrongway Driver
4 February 2019
- Granby Missouri Resident Keith Hopper was Struck and Killed While Horseback Riding
28 January 2019
- Speeding Drivers, Drunk Drivers and Distracted Drivers Continue to be the Leading Cause of Fatality Car Crashes
24 January 2019
- Zola Rodey of Winfield is Tragically Killed in Highway 79 Head-On Crash
16 January 2019
- Michael Hanlon and Melanie Schmolzi, Both from Sedalia Missouri are Seriously Injured in a Car Crash
8 January 2019
- Camden County Deputy Casey Marks is Recovering After Being Seriously Injured in a Crash Friday Night
10 December 2018
- Myrtle Lorene Argie of Warsaw Missouri is Tragically Killed in a Head-On Car Crash on US Highway 65
4 December 2018
- A Phelps County Two-Vehicle Crash Kills Four and Injures Another Four
19 November 2018