The A.W. Smith Law Firm P.C.
The AW. Smith Law Firm, P.C. works hard for clients in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Attorney A.W. Smith's own personal experience with family tragedy motivates him to do right by clients. When he was just 12, Smith's own father died in a tragic farming accident in Blackwater, Missouri. The firm's attorneys protect mid-Missouri, one case at a time. The Columbia law firm represents Midwest victims of motor vehicle accidents, including those caused by driving while talking or texting. The firm also handles cases involving construction and workplace injuries, medical malpractice, birth and brain injuries, dog bites, product liability, and slip-and-fall incidents. He is recognized by his legal peers with an 'AV' rating, and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of trial lawyers who have obtained million dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients.
Some law firm clients have been awarded six-figure and multi-million dollar jury verdicts and settlements. This includes a $14.67 million jury award against the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission's Department of Transportation.
Attorney Smith makes it a priority to give back to the community. The A.W. Smith Law Firm, P.C. hosted a Child Safety Day for kids and families at its offices. The law firm's charitable giving focuses on making local children, families, and those who are ill a priority, with contributions to the Joplin Family Y Tornado Relief Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Columbia, Take Care of My Kids Foundation, Pink Pursuit for Cancer, American Cancer Society, and more.
- Cooper County Crash Severely Injures Two Residents of Bunceton, Missouri
15 May 2017
- Accident Near Cass County Involving Motorcycle Results in Fatality
25 April 2017
- Columbia Resident, Morrigan Carpenter is Seriously Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
21 April 2017
- American Campus Communities and Ginger C LLC Agree to Pay 5 Million Dollars in the Wrongful Death of 19 year old MU Student Jack Lipp
14 April 2017
- MORGAN COUNTY MOURNS THE LOSS OF STOVER RESIDENT FORRESTINE HOLMES
1 February 2017
- Fatal Crash in Cole County Claims the Life of a Child.
9 January 2017
- Daniel Hahn and Loretta Hendrickson are killed in Highway 5 Head-On Collision
19 December 2016
- I-44 Semi-Truck Crash Claims the Life of Thirteen Year Old Samantha Woodcock, Daughter of Tiffany Woodcock
19 December 2016
- Sheryl Hughes of Dixon Missouri is Tragically Killed in another Highway 63 Accident.
1 December 2016