J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Lawsuits Against Co-Workers and the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act
19 April 2018
- Court Rejects Claim Based on Employee’s Psychiatric Injury
11 April 2018
- The Importance of Filing a Timely Workers’ Compensation Claim in Georgia
3 April 2018
- Georgia Goodyear Plant Fined for Federal Workplace Violations
26 March 2018
- Aggravation of a Preexisting Condition in Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claims
20 March 2018
- The Exclusivity Rule in Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claims
12 March 2018
- Employer’s Failure to Properly Investigate Claims Bars Defense of Employee’s Intoxication
6 March 2018
- Workplace Safety Is Key to Reducing Georgia Work Injury Claims
26 February 2018
- Homeowner May Be Liable for Independent Contractor’s Fall from Roof
20 February 2018