J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Court Reversed Workers’ Compensation Decision Based on Lack of Evidence
21 August 2017
- Employee’s Workers’ Compensation Claim Based on Recurring Ankle Injuries Denied by Court
15 August 2017
- Stuntman Dies After On-Set Accident near Atlanta
8 August 2017
- Employee Traveling to Out-of-State Job Site Not Entitled to Georgia Workers’ Compensation Benefits
27 July 2017
- Court Holds Subsequent Intervening Injury Does Not Bar Recovery for Worsened Condition
19 July 2017
- Court Upholds Increase in Benefits Despite Doctor’s Testimony that Condition Had Not Changed
13 July 2017
- DeKalb County Employees Forced to Work in Bed Bug-Infested Building
6 July 2017
- Employee’s Claim Denied Because Workplace Injury Not Considered a Major Contributing Cause of Her Condition
28 June 2017
- Football Player Not Entitled to Compensation Benefits Because League Did Not Sign Contract
20 June 2017