J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Court Holds Judge Must Find Good Cause to Terminate Rehabilitation Benefits
19 October 2017
- Court Denies Subsequent Workers’ Compensation Claim After Employee Signs Settlement Agreement
12 October 2017
- Court Considers Psychological Workers’ Compensation Claim
5 October 2017
- Court Explains Meaning of “Willful Misconduct” in Workers’ Compensation Cases
26 September 2017
- Court Denies Worker’s Claim for Back Surgery, Finding It Was Unrelated to Workplace Groin Injury
19 September 2017
- Court Allows Wife to Reopen Workers’ Compensation Claim That Had Been Previously Settled by Husband
12 September 2017
- Navigating Appeals in Georgia Workers’ Compensation Cases
6 September 2017
- Government Derails Certain Workplace Safety Regulations
29 August 2017
- Court Reversed Workers’ Compensation Decision Based on Lack of Evidence
21 August 2017