J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Appealing a Georgia Workers’ Compensation Case
13 September 2018
- Court Denies Benefits for Specific Surgery, Finding Procedure was Considered “Alternative Medicine”
7 September 2018
- Death Benefits under Georgia’s Workers’ Compensation Act
31 August 2018
- Court Explains There Is No Need to Show Fault in Workers’ Compensation Claims
23 August 2018
- Georgia Appeals Court Reinstates Award for Teacher’s Fall in Classroom
14 August 2018
- Court Denies Workers’ Compensation Benefits Due to Failure to Raise Issue During Initial Hearing
7 August 2018
- Court Denies Medical Marijuana Request Due to Federal Controlled Substances Law
26 July 2018
- Court Denies Benefits for Claimant Hit by Drunk Driver While Walking Back to Hotel
20 July 2018
- Court Refuses to Consider Evidence of Drug Test in Workers’ Compensation Case Based on Unknown Chain-of-Custody
12 July 2018