J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Homeowner May Be Liable for Independent Contractor’s Fall from Roof
20 February 2018
- Court Finds Preexisting Condition Bars Employee’s Workers’ Compensation Claim
12 February 2018
- Employee Can’t Sue Employer for Unsafe Repair Due To Workers’ Compensation Act, Court Finds
5 February 2018
- Court Considers Staph Infection from Cat Scratch as Occupational Disease Claim
25 January 2018
- Employee Allowed to Sue Employer for Workers’ Compensation Fraud
17 January 2018
- Death Benefits in Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claims
11 January 2018
- Court Finds Employee’s Surgery Caused by Preexisting Condition and Not Entitled to Compensation
4 January 2018
- Court Finds Employee Can Pursue Workers’ Compensation Benefits After Settlement with Third Party
28 December 2017
- Court Considers Constitutionality of Workers’ Compensation Filing Time Requirements
20 December 2017