J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Court Considers Whether Employee Injured on Lunch Break Is Entitled to Georgia Workers’ Compensation Benefits
25 March 2019
- Georgia Coal Miners May Qualify for Benefits under the Black Lung Act
13 February 2019
- Do Georgia Workers’ Compensation Recipients Need To Obtain Pre-Authorization for All Medical Procedures?
10 January 2019
- Is a Police Officer Working at a Georgia Grocery Store an “Employee” of the Store?
17 December 2018
- How Do Preexisting Medical Conditions Factor into a Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claim?
14 November 2018
- Court Rejects Claim for Out-of-Pocket Expenses Due to Lack of Explanation in a Workers’ Compensation Case
17 October 2018
- Appealing a Georgia Workers’ Compensation Case
13 September 2018
- Court Denies Benefits for Specific Surgery, Finding Procedure was Considered “Alternative Medicine”
7 September 2018
- Death Benefits under Georgia’s Workers’ Compensation Act
31 August 2018