J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Court Considers Workers’ Compensation Claim of Volunteer Driver
13 June 2018
- Court Finds Employee May Receive Workers’ Compensation Benefits After Car Accident Occurring on the Way to Weekend Training
5 June 2018
- The Importance of Establishing the Employee/Employer Relationship in Georgia Workers’ Compensation Cases
29 May 2018
- Injured Georgia Worker Required to Disclose Side Business While on Medical Leave
23 May 2018
- The Impact of OSHA Citations on Workers’ Compensation Claims in Georgia
16 May 2018
- Workplace Injuries Caused by the Negligence of Coworkers in Georgia
7 May 2018
- Court Finds Student Teacher Trainee Entitled to Workers’ Compensation Benefits
25 April 2018
- Lawsuits Against Co-Workers and the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act
19 April 2018
- Court Rejects Claim Based on Employee’s Psychiatric Injury
11 April 2018