J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Georgia Appeals Court Reinstates Award for Teacher’s Fall in Classroom
14 August 2018
- Court Denies Workers’ Compensation Benefits Due to Failure to Raise Issue During Initial Hearing
7 August 2018
- Court Denies Medical Marijuana Request Due to Federal Controlled Substances Law
26 July 2018
- Court Denies Benefits for Claimant Hit by Drunk Driver While Walking Back to Hotel
20 July 2018
- Court Refuses to Consider Evidence of Drug Test in Workers’ Compensation Case Based on Unknown Chain-of-Custody
12 July 2018
- Court Holds that Employer’s Request for Hearing Did Not Permit Employee to Obtain Treatment from Unapproved Physician
6 July 2018
- Court Finds Employer Cannot Recover Overpayment of Benefits Due to Failure to Follow Procedural Requirements
26 June 2018
- Employee Obtains Benefits for Back Injury Despite Similar Previous Injuries
20 June 2018
- Court Considers Workers’ Compensation Claim of Volunteer Driver
13 June 2018