J. Franklin Burns, P.C.
J. Franklin Burns, P.C. is a Metro Atlanta and Columbus law firm representing injured Georgia employees in state workers' compensation claim proceedings. The law firm's staff speaks English and Spanish. All initial consultations are free, and the firm does not charge clients a retainer fee.
The Georgia attorneys at J. Franklin Burns, P.C. only represent injured workers. Founding attorney J. Franklin Burns has extensive experience in Georgia workers' compensation law. As a member of the Rules and Mediation Committee of the Chairman's Advisory Council of the Georgia's State Board of Workers' Compensation, he helps make the workers' compensation rules in Georgia.
The firm never represents insurance companies, nor does it have them as clients. The law firm does not recommend that claimants settle their case until their doctor agrees that the injured worker has reached the maximum physical recovery for their injuries. Firm founder J. Franklin Burns is a member of numerous legal organizations, including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Atlanta and American Bar Associations.
- Football Player Not Entitled to Compensation Benefits Because League Did Not Sign Contract
20 June 2017
- Georgia’s Medical Marijuana Law May Complicate Some Workers’ Compensation Claims
13 June 2017
- Workplace Falls Are a Leading Cause of Employee Deaths
6 June 2017
- Woman’s Workers’ Compensation Claim for Home Renovations Denied for Lack of Evidence
25 May 2017
- Thousands of Injured Georgia Workers Give Up Before Obtaining Workers’ Compensation Benefits
17 May 2017
- Construction Company Cited and Fined by OSHA after Fatal Building Collapse Claims One Employee’s Life
10 May 2017
- The Strict Procedural Rules of Georgia’s Workers’ Compensation Claims
4 May 2017
- Court Upholds “Firefighter’s Presumption” in Recent Workers’ Compensation Case
26 April 2017
- Georgia Highways Pose a Major Threat to Roadside Workers
17 April 2017