Search for "Kathryn E Van Houten"
David received his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse with a Bachelor of Science in general management and technology. He continued on to obtain his law degree from Creighton University School of Law, where he obtained an area of emphasis in business, taxation and commercial transactions. He was also a member of the Public Interest Law Forum, and vice president of the...
American University Washington College of Law
Mark L. Van Valkenburgh has been practicing law in Central Florida since 1995. The vast majority of his practice has been in the area of employment law. While he has won significant jury trials on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, his practice now focuses on helping employers proactively avoid litigation. Services include:
• Drafting, review and revising of Employee Handbooks and other policies which not only comply with the law but are customized to your business.
• Negotiating and drafting Employment Agreements.
• Negotiating and drafting Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Non-Compete Agreements.
• Flat fee retainer arrangements to respond to employers’ unlimited telephone calls and e-mails of...
WHY AND HOW
"I recognize that as an attorney, I need to know more than what the law is, I must be aware of how the law affects the individuals I represent, physically, emotionally and financially. I have...
Need a lawyer?
The Justia Lawyer Directory is a listing of lawyers, legal aid organizations, and pro bono legal service organizations. Whether you were injured, are accused of a crime, or are merely engaging in everyday affairs that affect your legal rights or property, an attorney can help you resolve problems or prevent new ones from arising.
Here are just a few situations where you might want to seek the advice of an attorney:
- You were injured in a car or truck accident
- You have been arrested and charged with a crime, such as DUI or shoplifting
- You are considering separating from your spouse
- You have been subjected to harassment or other discrimination at work
Use Justia to research and compare attorneys so that you can make an informed decision when you hire your counsel.
It is important to research an attorney before hiring him or her. Be sure to evaluate an attorney's experience (types of cases handled, prior results obtained, etc.). Although prior results are not indicative of the likelihood of success in your case, they can help you make an informed decision.
Also worth serious consideration is the attorney's location, particularly if you will be traveling to visit him or her for consultations.
Finally, research an attorney to see whether he or she has ever been subject to discipline. Although disciplinary actions do not necessarily impact the attorney's competence to handle your case, they may affect your decision whether to hire.
Researching Attorney Discipline