The Law Offices of Zev Goldstein PLLC provides you with quality representation of traffic tickets and driving-related crimes like DWI/DUI, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation / driving on a suspended license, suspended registration and the like. We have successfully resolved over 30,000 cases.
Attorney Zev Goldstein started out prosecuting in the Albany Traffic Court. He now defends motorists anywhere in the state of New York who are charged with traffic violations.
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
Your Initial consultation is free, comprehensive consultations are hourly.
- Credit Cards Accepted
All major credit cards, checks, cash, paypal and chase quick pay.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I prefer flat rates. Less confusion, less time accounting, less unhappy clients.
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Law Offices Of Zev Goldstein
- - Current
- Assistant Corporation Counsel
- City of Albany Law Department
- Acting prosecutor for the City of Albany.
- Yeshivas Ohr Somayach
- BT | Jewish Law
- Western New England College
- J.D. (1982) | Law
- State University of New York - College at Fredonia
- B.S. | Political Science
- New York State Bar # 1945872
- - Current
- Activities: COMMITTEE ON VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC LAW & Town and Village Justice Court Committee
- Is a DUI Your Wakeup Call? Take Control of your Life and Find a Rehab that Works for You
18 March 2016
- How to dress and behave in a courtroom
11 May 2015
- Traffic Ticket Photo
6 February 2013
- Hacked by Moroccan Agent Secret
6 June 2012
- Traffic Violation Blog
- Those who fail to appear in court face consequences
15 October 2016
- Increased fees for traffic tickets proposed in Nassau County
13 October 2016
- Is there a connection between energy drinks and drunk driving?
8 October 2016
- Tips for spotting unmarked police cars
6 October 2016
- Study finds wealthy drivers with violations pay less for coverage
1 October 2016
- Drugged drivers face similar consequences as drunk drivers
29 September 2016
- Advances in modern technology aim to put an end to DWI
24 September 2016
- What do I need to do to restore my license after a revocation?
22 September 2016
- What tactics do police use to catch texting drivers?
17 September 2016
- New York Traffic Ticket Facebook Page
- Traffic Violation google+ Blog
- Q. Ticket in NYC and now living in FL
- A: Hi, Just to note this is either a 2 point or a 3 point violation; depending how the officer wrote. Also, in NYC, all tickets go to trial, and therefore, the only possible outcome is either dismissed or guilty. The chances of winning are about 50/50. We do fight a lot of tickets in NYC, and would be able to represent you in court without your appearance. Lastly, before you make a decision whether to fight this ticket or not, I would first ask a Florida traffic Attorney if the points from NY transfer to Florida or not. This would make it easier for you to decide to whether to fight the ticket or just plead guilty. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Zev
- Q. so there are no grounds for an appeal to be found not guilty- appeals board looks at evidence the same way?
- A: Usually on appeal the higher courts will not look too much at the evidence. The appeals courts look at the legal standard used by the lower court. If the legal standard was not correct, usually you can get a reversal. But the appeals courts usually defer to the judgement of the lower courts.
- Q. I was in traffic court accused of going 64 in a 30 zone. I proved in the court that my vehicle was in the 50 MPH zone
- A: If you could convince the Judge that the speed limit was 50, you are still accused of doing 63 MPH which is still a 4 point speeding ticket.
- Q. Plea date was due today the 12 I thought it said 15 going asap tomorrow on 13 am i in more trouble going one day late
- A: It depends. What are you charged with and in what Court is the ticket filed?
- Q. Should I get a lawyer to bring with me to court for a driving ticket for a following too close.
- A: What are you charged with and what court are you in?
- Q. What is the subject matter for vehicle and traffic law?
- A: Try looking at the New York Criminal Procedure Law https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/criminal-procedure-law/cpl-sect-1-20.html https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/criminal-procedure-law/cpl-sect-100-05.html https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/criminal-procedure-law/cpl-sect-100-10.html https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/criminal-procedure-law/cpl-sect-100-15.html https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/criminal-procedure-law/cpl-sect-100-25.html Is this what you were looking for?
- Q. Got a traffic ticket. did not have my license. the officer gave me a ticket for doing 40mph in a 25 zone. The ticket
- A: If the Court has your name and date of birth, and you fail to answer the ticket, they will suspend your driver's license. If you drive again in NY you could be arrested.
- Q. Got a cell phone ticket in NYC 1225D(1). Once I got home I realized that the time of offence was off (alibi).
- A: Your alibi defense will be your wife's word against the officer's word. Who do you think the judge will believe?
- Q. 10 years ago I received a speeding ticket, plead guilty and paid. Now after 10 years court says they never got it.
- A: What is the name of the Court that the ticket is filed in?