The Law Offices of Zev Goldstein PLLC provides you with quality representation of traffic tickets and driving-related crimes like DWI/DUI, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation / driving on a suspended license, suspended registration and the like. We have successfully resolved over 30,000 cases.
Attorney Zev Goldstein started out prosecuting in the Albany Traffic Court. He now defends motorists anywhere in the state of New York who are charged with traffic violations.
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
Your Initial consultation is free, comprehensive consultations are hourly.
- Credit Cards Accepted
All major credit cards, checks, cash, paypal and chase quick pay.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I prefer flat rates. Less confusion, less time accounting, less unhappy clients.
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- The Law Offices Of Zev Goldstein
- - Current
- Assistant Corporation Counsel
- City of Albany Law Department
- Acting prosecutor for the City of Albany.
- Yeshivas Ohr Somayach
- BT | Jewish Law
- Western New England College
- J.D. (1982) | Law
- State University of New York - College at Fredonia
- B.S. | Political Science
- New York State Bar # 1945872
- - Current
- Activities: COMMITTEE ON VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC LAW & Town and Village Justice Court Committee
- Is a DUI Your Wakeup Call? Take Control of your Life and Find a Rehab that Works for You
18 March 2016
- How to dress and behave in a courtroom
11 May 2015
- Traffic Ticket Photo
6 February 2013
- Hacked by Moroccan Agent Secret
6 June 2012
- Traffic Violation Blog
- Those who fail to appear in court face consequences
15 October 2016
- Increased fees for traffic tickets proposed in Nassau County
13 October 2016
- Is there a connection between energy drinks and drunk driving?
8 October 2016
- Tips for spotting unmarked police cars
6 October 2016
- Study finds wealthy drivers with violations pay less for coverage
1 October 2016
- Drugged drivers face similar consequences as drunk drivers
29 September 2016
- Advances in modern technology aim to put an end to DWI
24 September 2016
- What do I need to do to restore my license after a revocation?
22 September 2016
- What tactics do police use to catch texting drivers?
17 September 2016
- New York Traffic Ticket Facebook Page
- Traffic Violation google+ Blog
- Q. What do I do if I didn't send a plea in within 48 hours?
- A: The 48 hour rule is an old rule no longer in effect. You actually have until the date printed on the bottom left hand side of your ticket.
- Q. Vehicle Suspension from NJ Motor Vehicle Commission from old NY ticket
- A: Your license in NY is already suspended. A check of your NY driving record will show in which court the ticket was filed. Unfortunately, without a NYS license/ID you will not be able to use the MyDMV login. https://dmv.ny.gov/dmv-records/get-my-own-driving-record-abstract Mailing a record request will take 2+ weeks. Any NYS attorney with a DMV database login should be able to access your NYS driving record.
- Q. Is there a statute of limitation on red light camera tickets. I just received a ticket dated Dec, 2 months old.
- A: Good question. With traffic tickets they usually have up to 1 year. This is a parking ticket, so it may be different.
- Q. Suffolk county, mailed guilty 4 stop sign failure & haven't heard anything. Tkt fine doesn't show up on line.
- A: YES HE DOES
- Q. I got a ticket two years ago for "wrong turn".After reschedules of trial next month will be two years.Can be dismissed?
- A: If the court adjourned itself for more than 2 years you could ask for a dismissal. If you were the one who asked for the adjournment, the time works against you, not for you.
- Q. I received a ticket almost two years ago, and never received a summons. I just today got another ticket.
- A: You are charged with 74/65, a 3 point ticket. The officer is saying that he already gave you a break down from 85/65, a 4 point ticket. Based on this, they may or may not be willing to give you a plea deal.
- Q. I received a speeding ticket in ny Will the ticket be on my record before I go to court? would my employer see it?
- A: it will not appear until after court, unless you do not respond to the ticket and receive a suspension
- Q. can I do community service in NY instead of having the points for speeding on my licence?
- A: if the ticket is in the 5 boroughs, they do not offer any such deals
- Q. Mailed in guilty plea for stop sign. Tkt isn't coming up. Was told officer needs to submit tkt. Is that true, ny state
- A: This is possible, but very likely if you are within the 5 boroughs of NYC. Usually tickets come up in that system within 15-45 days of the date on the ticket. If your ticket was received outside NYC there is no online system to see your ticket. Once you mail in a Not Guilty plea the Court will mail back a conference date.